Applications Services Blog
Get the latest thought leadership and information about the role of Applications Services in an increasingly interconnected world at the HP Blog Hub.

HP launches Regional Applications Delivery Center at Pontiac Campus

On February 26th, HP executives, distinguished guests and strategic partners visited HP’s campus in Pontiac, Michigan to celebrate the facility’s launch as a regional applications delivery center.  With this center, HP will be able to help clients transform applications to be more able to respond to customer demands while also driving innovation, growth and delivering greater product value.

 

Companies rely on applications to find and make the most of new opportunities, drive operations, energize supply chains, and manage markets, customer, and citizen relationships.  However, many enterprises still struggle with aging applications that are expensive, inflexible and require the support of an aging workforce to maintain.  Unfortunately, these unresponsive and rigid applications cannot meet rapid changes in business demands. 

 

On average, more than 70% of IT spending is focused on maintaining current applications.  This leaves only 30% of the budget for investments and innovation to help drive business with new projects, growth initiatives or providing immediate access to information.

 

By expanding the presence in Pontiac, HP will have more resources to help clients turn their applications into assets designed to propel their businesses forward.  The center, opened in February 26th, 2013 will deliver applications development and applications management services to help clients increase operational efficiency, reduce costs and realize improved business outcomes. The HP Pontiac center is part of a global network of interconnected centers of expertise that are designed to provide clients with a secure, scalable, effective and reliable way to build and maintain applications.

 

Additionally, the Center will offer information management and analytics services to unlock the power of big data by connecting people, ideas and business processes to improve business measurement and decision-making. 

 

The Pontiac Applications Delivery Center, along with other recently launched Applications Delivery Centers in El Paso and Newcastle, is an acceleration of our services delivery model – the Industrialized Delivery System (IDS).  Our IDS Centers – Pontiac - are based in strategic locations across the globe, bringing together applications professionals who share best practices, technology & industry expertise, and intense focus on HP clients.

 

Related links: 

Comments
Roger Henn | ‎03-11-2013 04:55 PM

Something you might want to review. What does a center in Pontiac, Michigan have to do with the Upper Rio Grande district in Texas?

 

Particularly when you've got another blog that says "The HP El Paso Center was recently named “2012 Employer of the Year” by Workforce Solutions Upper Rio Grande.  Additionally, the center was awarded the “2011 Employer Award of Excellence” by the Texas Workforce Commission for the Upper Rio Grande district."

SteveBerch | ‎03-13-2013 09:31 PM

Thank you for your comment.  This blog has been updated since it was posted.

Leave a Comment

We encourage you to share your comments on this post. Comments are moderated and will be reviewed
and posted as promptly as possible during regular business hours

To ensure your comment is published, be sure to follow the community guidelines.

Be sure to enter a unique name. You can't reuse a name that's already in use.
Be sure to enter a unique email address. You can't reuse an email address that's already in use.
Type the characters you see in the picture above.Type the words you hear.
Search
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
About the Author
Featured


Follow Us
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.