By Darren McGrath, Global Product Marketing Manager, Mobile Application Services
My mobile phone never stops ringing, my mobile tablet is never off, and my laptop is humming while I crunch data… why am I so busy? This is the mobile world we live in – but in addition, I’m constantly busy because there’s such keen interest in the intersection of mobility and Consumerization of IT. Clients want to drive revenue, reduce costs, and improve productivity – and mobility helps them tackle these challenges and opportunities – and I’m seeing it in real time in my job.
DAILY I’m working with customers on these opportunities because our mobile applications services provide customers with solutions that allow them to capitalize on mobility.
Most consumers are more comfortable with mobile technology and social networking in their personal lives than ever before. And they expect the same always-on experience in their professional lives as well. This trend, commonly referred to as the “Consumerization of IT,” is a hot topic around the IT water cooler and among technology blogs and publications today.
How can companies keep up with the ever-changing mobile world and customer demands? How can they get a handle on “BYOD” (Bring Your Own Device) and make sure their employees’ personal tech devices are keeping the company’s information secure? The list of questions goes on and on.
Yesterday, Nancy Lichtle blogged about HP’s recent announcement - 3 new mobile capabilities to help improve the delivery of IT services to meet customers’ growing demands. Today, I want to delve more deeply into the HP Mobile Application Services solutions and talk about the benefits of each.
- Mobile Opportunity Workshop – This workshop is a structured analysis process that helps you identify which processes or ideas are best suited to become mobile applications based on your business value and ease of implementation.
- Mobile Enterprise Strategic Assessment – This is an enterprise wide mobility assessment that helps you develop enterprise-level mobility strategies, plans and solutions to drive added business value.
- Mobile Strategic Assessment for SAP – These services will help you assess your readiness to implement enterprise mobility solutions and develop a solution roadmap to implement mobile applications required for your line of business to support customers, partners, and employees.
- Mobile Application Development Services – These services provide custom, packaged and hosted client, client/server and cloud computing-based solutions with support for all leading operating systems.
- Mobile Application Development & Integration Services for SAP— This service provides large-scale, integrated solutions using the full complement of HP’s mobility offerings to service your enterprise mobility needs.
- Mobile Application Testing – This is an efficient service offering that leverages market leading software testing tools to automate the process of testing new application functionality across a diverse range of mobile devices.
- Mobile Application Management Services for SAP—This service ensures your mobile applications management and support for SAP and Managed Mobility for Device platforms are achieved for in premise, in a hosted environment and in cloud solutions.
I’m especially excited about this mobile apps services announcement because, with these solutions, HP can help its clients achieve that differentiation in the marketplace they need to stay ahead of the unbelievable pace at which technology and customers’ demands are growing and changing today. Oops – my mobile phone is playing my favorite ring tone (rock is my current choice - What's yours?) – so I’m off to the races again!
To learn more about how HP is helping its clients tackle the consumerization of IT challenge, check out these resources: