View on-demand “Enterprise Information Management Competency: A Foundation for Success in the World of Big Data,” presented by HP and The Data Warehousing Institute (TDWI).
The unprecedented volume of data that now surrounds us presents us with exciting new opportunities as well as daunting challenges. We can now analyze huge amounts of data in real time, which helps us to make faster and more informed business decisions. Our ability to combine internal data sets with information acquired from social and mobile technologies lets us create real-time predictive capabilities that can increase profits, reduce risk, and significantly improve customer satisfaction. The question is – how do we get to this desired state?
Despite the inherent appeal of “big data,” many organizations have a difficult time harnessing its full potential. They must create a seamless environment that streams data in and out of analytical platforms, allowing applications to interact and deliver actionable insight. But all too often, they struggle with variations in structures, formats, and semantics. Meanwhile, siloed and disparate data and master data, lack of cohesive data governance, and incompatible data management decisions stand in the way of effective integration and sharing of information.
The design and implementation of a holistic, integrated information architecture is the solution. This presentation by David Loshin, president of Knowledge Integrity, Inc. and Brian Ng, director of Strategy & Portfolio for HP Information Management and Analytics, examines how best practices in enterprise information management (EIM) support the foundation for success in the world of big data.
In this session you will:
- Understand the fundamental framework and critical success factors for big data
- Discover how EIM best practices enable big data success
- Learn about the importance of uniting information management, data integration, and business analytics to up-level your business success
Big Data Webinar Series
Watch all webinars within the HP and TDWI Big Data Series at the following links:
- Successful Strategic Planning in the World of Big Data
- Leveraging Emerging Architectures to Harness Big Data for Business Value
- Managing Human Information in a Big Data World
- Achieving Business Value through Big Data Analytics