View on-demand “Successful Strategic Planning in the World of Big Data” presented by HP and The Data Warehousing Institute (TDW).
It is difficult to ignore the growing influence of broad, massive streams of data from unexpected sources, especially when these data sources can directly influence customer satisfaction, expose opportunities for revenue generation, lead to brand risk, or improve customer profiling. Medium- and long-term technology plans attempt to address known information management needs through acquisition of hardware, software, and corresponding expertise. However, as we have seen over the past ten years, it is often difficult, if not impossible to predict how revolutionary changes and external forces are to be addressed within an existing business intelligence or information management vision, strategy and roadmap.
In this webinar, we consider how developing an enterprise vision and strategic plan for business intelligence goes beyond the ability to handle massive data volumes. We look at how a well-planned information strategy leverages a foundation of proven enterprise information core capabilities in order to enable IM agility in the face of emergent trends, yet allows the organization to remain focused on business outcomes.
In this Webinar, you will learn:
- Why typical business intelligence investments have generally not delivered on their promised value
- Building a strategic plan for enterprise information management for sustainable success; business driven based upon quantifiable value, not IT driven
- How we can learn from the experiences of integrating structured and instructed data into the analytical environment
- Why the challenges of big data will continue to grow
- Best practices in developing a flexible information architecture
- The value of leveraging a strategic enterprise information approach
This webinar features David Loshin, president of Knowledge Integrity, with comments from Mike Mansur, Competency Lead, HP Global Methods for Information Management and Analytics.
Big Data Webinar Series
Watch all webinars within the HP and TDWI Big Data series at the following links:
- Enterprise Information Management Competency: A Foundation for Success in the World of Big Data
- Leveraging Emerging Architectures to Harness Big Data for Business Value
- Managing Human Information in a Big Data World
- Achieving Business Value through Big Data Analytics