By Calvin Zito, @HPStorageGuy
David Scott, Senior Vice President and General Manager of HP Storage stepped into the CUBE with Dave Vellante of Wikibon and John Furrier of SilconAngle at HP DISCOVER. Here's a summary of the discussion (with times so you can move to what you want to hear):
- (0:00 - 3:18) Update on 3PAR integration at HP and David mentions doubling the growth rate of 3PAR
- (3:18 - 8:15) David's take on what's happening in the industry, focusing on cloud computing
- (8:15 - 12:00) What's HP's vision for cloud and the journey to cloud? Will IT get as simple as the electric service?
- (12:00 - 14:00) What is HP's vision around storage product leadership?
- (14:00 - 17:30) Can a company like HP be both best of breed and integrated stack?
- (17:30 - 22:40) With all the cuts that happened at HP, is there innovation? Discussion of HP Converged Storage.
- (22:40 - 25:50) Big data and Vertica discussion
- (25:50 - end) Hadoop and disruptive storage technologies
NOTE: After posting this first video, I remembered that David did a shorter video for our announcement. I think there's lots of great insights in his interview from HP DISCOVER but if you're really short on time, you can check out this shorter (about 7 minutes) video.