By Calvin Zito, @HPStorageGuy
I'm in Frankfurt Germany now at HP Discover and the HP Storage press conference is just starting, which means I can FINALLY share the news on what's new at HP. It has been a long time in coming and I'm very happy that we can start sharing our news publicly! There are a number of things in this announcement today:
- More details about our Converged Storage strategy. The investments we've made over the last few years to build the portfolio we have are really starting to pay off. You'll begin to hear a lot about Polymorphic Simplicity and ROI^3 (ROI to the third power).
- The new HP 3PAR StoreServ 7000 as well as other enhancements to the 3PAR portfolio.
- The new HP StoreAll Storage - a converged platform that combines file and object data. I'm tempted to tell you more about it now but I'll have a blog post with more details. Let's just say when we say its 100,000 times faster at searching and retrieving meta data, I'm not kidding!
- Updates to the HP StoreOnce family. The big news is that StoreOnce Catalyst software that we announced in June now is included across the StoreOnce family.
Since things are busy here, I'm going to let you watch a couple of videos that give an overview of the announcement. The first is an HP Storage Countdown video - this is a short video (less than 2 minutes). See if you can guess where we made this video!
The second video is a new format that I introduced to you a few weeks ago, an HP Storage ChalkTalk. This is also an overview of the announcement but goes into a little bit more detail but not much since this video is 4 minutes. Here it is:
There's a lot of detail to share and I'll have lots of information coming from HP Discover but here's where you can learn more if you want to get a jump start on things.
- In the ChalkTalk video, I give a short summary of the product announcements at the 2:40 mark and there are embedded links to those product ChalkTalks that you can click on to watch the product ChalkTalks I have.
- Head over to our announcement page and there will be lots of info landing there over the coming days.
- Check back later today and I'll have a blog post talking about the new HP 3PAR StoreServ 7000.
- Checkout our press kit at www.hp.com/go/HPDiscoverFrankfurt2012
It bears repeating (and I'm sure some of you will think I'm a broken record) - I've never been more excited about the furture of HP Storage and with this announcement, I think you'll start to see why.