By Calvin Zito
I've been home from our HP StorageWorks Tech Day for less than 24 hours and I still am floating on a cloud (No Foskett - not that kind of cloud!). When we first started talking about doing it a couple of months ago, I never would have imagined the incredible response we've had to it. But I'll leave some of my thoughts going into it and now for another post. For now, I wanted to point you to some of the posts by others who attended our event in Colorado Springs. You can read a bit more about the event by reading my post titled "StorageWorks Tech Day Starting Now".
So here are links to the posts I've seen so far from the attendees:
- HP Tech Day 2009, Day 0 by Devang Panchigar. Devang included some great pictures of one of the most beautiful places in Colorado, Garden of the Gods
- StorageMojo off to HP's Storage Tech Day by Robin Harris. Robin liked that we didn't require an NDA but missed our chance for cocktails in the agenda.
- HP Storage Tech Day by Rich Brambley. Rich has a widget tracking the event Twitter hashtag on his blog.
- HP StorageWorks Tech Day 2009, Day 1 by John Obeto. I met John at HP Technology Forum and am really glad he attended to learn more about StorageWorks.
- HPTechDay 2009 Day 1: HP StorageWorks Technology by Devang Panchigar. Devang gives lots of details of not only the sessions but the conversations he had during the day and evening out.
- HP StorageWorks TechDay & SMB Announcement by Simon Seagrave. Simon gave a summary of Day 1 and talked about the announcement we did at the beginning of Day 2
- The Price of Quality by Ray Lucchesi. Ray focused on what he saw in our tour of the EVA test lab.
- HPTechDay: HP really 'gets' storage! by Nigel Poulton. Nigel states that his opinion WAS that we didn't get storage; his opinion changed during the event. This is one of my favorite posts.
- HPTechDay 2009 Day 2: HP Converged Data Center by Devang Panchigar. Devang gets the prize for the most thorough and timely updates. His Day 2 summary talks about our converged infrastructure discussion.
- HP StorageWorks Tech Day 2009, Day 2 by John Obeto. I know John got sick after returning home but he toughed it out and put this post up.
NOTE: Somehow in editing HTML, I deleted a post on my list from Rich Brambley. Here's a link to it: HP tells storage virtualization future with LeftHand.
There were a few articles from a few folks who didn't attend but were watching the information pour across Twitter:
- Tech Day gives a peek into the future of storage by Rick Vanover, Tech Republic. Rick was invited to Tech Day but couldn’t come; thanks for the article Rick!
- HP lays out sketches of storage roadmap by Chris Mellor, The Register. The Register actually picked up chatter from Tech Day and wrote about it.
- HP StorageWorks Tech Day 2009, Day 1 includes HP Total Care expansion announcements by Shane Pitman, TechVirtuoso.com. Frank Owens from TechVirtuoso was at the event - Shane published this article.
- HP drops roadmap nuggets at StorageWorks TechDay by Beth Pariseau, ITKnowledgeExchange.com Storage Soup Blog
There were some interesting comments over Twitter, but I'll save those for another update this week.
(Editor's note: Formatting edits were made to this on 10/8/2010)