Well, shame on me for waiting until now but I want to alert you to a webcast tomorrow (January 29) at 1 PM ET. I'm looking forward to this even though I had nothing to do with it. UPDATED: The webinar happened today and I'm told there will be a replay link by tomorrow so please check it out.
Mark Peters is a Sr Analyst with ESG and my former boss (now my boss' boss) Craig Nunes are going to talk about the future of storage. I've had the pleasure of spending some time with Mark and enjoyed a wonderful curry dinner in downtown London with him a couple of years ago that was the best Indian food I've ever had.
Here's a link to register for the webcast tomorrow.
Next week, I'll host another HP TechCast on February 7th at 1 PM ET with my co-host @Geekazine Jeffery Powers. Our topic will be the changing nature of backup and archiving. Out special guest will be ESG Sr. Analyst (and data protection expert) Jason Buffington. For our webcast, I have a calendar item you can download. Be sure to join us!
After the dust of HP Discover settled, Jeffery Powers and I did our next HP TechCast. We chatted with three of the independent bloggers who came to HP Discover and we covered a lot of topics. On the show are John Obeto, Chris Wahl, and Justin Vashisht and they share their opinions about technology, the event and the blogger program we had at the HP Discover. Since the show is about 55 minutes long, here's what we discussed:
- Introductions: 0 - 2:30 (min:sec mark on the video)
- Feedback on blogger program: 2:30 - 10:00
- Keynotes (including HP CEO Meg Whitman &Chris Anderson of Wired Magazine) 10:00 - 15:00
- Web-based email and cloud discussion 15:00 - 26:30
- HP Discover Zone (demo area) 26:30 - 35:00
- What would you do different at HP Discover 35:00 - 49:30
- Is HP on the right track? 49:30 - end
Today as we kickoff HP Discover, we have significant news coming from HP Storage. I’ll dive deeper into the various parts of the announcement on the blog over the next few days – in this first post I’ll give you an introduction to our news. There are three pieces of news to share:
- Enhancements to the HP StoreOnce family that improve backup performance 3X and recovery 5X faster over comparable EMC Data Domain product
- New HP Data Protector 7 with Autonomy IDOL - the first meaning-based protection software
- New HP Virtual Connect Direct-Attach FC for 3PAR with Flat SAN technology
You can read more about this announcement on the blog.