I've had a couple of blog posts in the last month pointing to what our blogger guests had to say about our Converged Storage HP Tech Day. The reason for today's post is to highlight what I think will be the last few posts from our bloggers - and they're pretty good so I wanted to call them out.
A couple of weeks ago I had a blog post pointing to the blog posts from our guest bloggers at the Tech Day in Ft. Collins. A few of the bloggers have more content from our HP Tech Day. I wanted to point to them here as well as a new blog post from my HP Storage VP Tom Joyce.
One last session for our recent HP Tech Day, this one focused on the HP VirtualSystem. The post includes high-level summary notes, a video of the session and other resources to learn more about the VirtualSystem.
One of the things I like to do when ever we have an event with independent bloggers is to highlight their blog posts. I do it for two reasons:
- I want you to read what others are saying - their independent voices carry weight.
- These bloggers take time away from their day jobs to visit us and I want to help them with new readers.
Pretty much a win/win for all of us.
Here's the next session summary from the HP Tech Day held in Ft. Collins last week. This summary is based on the VMware integration session lead by Eric Siebert (VMware Solutions Manager) and Aboubacar Diare (VMware Integration Lead Engineer).
I have decent audio of this session - if you want to get the details but not watch the session on the web, here it is with a download link to follow:
You can download this podcast by doing a right click and save the file.
The next article from our HP Tech Day in Ft. Collins includes notes from the HP 3PAR session and the file-based family overview. Along with notes taken during the session are embedded videos courtesy of Jeffery Powers (www.geekazine.com)
HP started in data protection 30 years ago, first customer was IBM! We started later than competitors, which can be good because you get a better perspective. HP focused on three attributes:
- Data deduplication
- Sparse Index; ie, the ability to store a small portion of cache in memory. Gave the capability to scale the product
- A common deduplication engine across virtual machines, hardware, and software
Near "real-time" summary of this morning's first two sessions:
Welcome all to HP Storage Tech Days, Day 1 kicking off right now. The crowd awaits in hushed expectancy in this giant amphitheatre … well actually it’s a conference room in Building 6 of the HP campus in beautiful Fort Collins, Colorado, and the crowd is a few dozen tech bloggers and engineers, but expectancy there certainly is as Craig Nunes launches into his Strategy Overview I’ll be blogging live today and tomorrow morning – or until my hands drop off, whichever comes first -- about the themes of the Tech Day, our strategic focus on converged storage, and the products that HP is strategically investing in (3PAR, HP LeftHand, StoreOnce).
We just started our HP Tech Day and thanks to Jeffery Powers (@geekazine, www.geekazine.com) we are streaming live. Here's a rough schedule of what we'll be doing but I'd suggest watching Twitter and our event hashtag #HPTechDay to know when we're streaming.
- Now! Converged Storage introduction - Craig Nunes
- Directly following Craig's session we'll talk about the HP LeftHand portfolio with product manager Brad Katz. We'll be off the air after Brad's session.
- ~ 10:45 AM MST HP StoreOnce Backup System with Matt Jacoby and Steve Johnson
- ~ 12:00 PM HP 3PAR overview with Jim (JR) Richardson. The bloggers will be doing a hands on lab and taking a tour of our lab in Ft. Collins so we'll be off the air after JR's session.
- ~ 4:00 PM MST HP's file based portfolio (including HP IBRIX and the newly announced X5000)
So with that - there's the URL to Jeffery's live stream: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/geekazine
Next week in Ft. Collins, Colorado, we'll gather with around 11 independent bloggers to do another HP Storage Tech Day. It's been a while since I've done a storage focused Tech Day and I'm looking forward to it. Over the two days, the bloggers coming will hear about Converged Storage and other related storage topics. I'm working with our technical marketing team to have a couple of "hands-on-labs" so the bloggers can see HP LeftHand and HP 3PAR in action.