I was very disappointed that I couldn't go to VMworld in Copenhagen this week but given I came down with a nasty flu, I'm glad I'm not half way around the world with this crud. Mike Koponen manages our virtualization solutions for HP Storage and I talked to him just before he left for VMWorld. Here's the podcast with Mike.
I hit a number of topics including:
- HP Cloud Services private beta program
- OpenStack and VMware
- HDS and it's intent to acquire BlueArc
- When does 3PAR replace NetApp
- HP VirtualSystem video
After VMworld ended, I was lucky enough to be on the same flight from Las Vegas to San Francisco as Archie Reed. Archie attended many of our Cloud Advisor events including the one that we hosted for bloggers on Tuesday night. Security isn't in my wheel house so this was great to be able to get some time with Archie and talk about the big picture. Here's the podcast with Archie:
Things are in full swing at VMworld. The tweetup last night that HP co-sponsored was fantastic and I got to hang out with over 200 of my favorite people on Twitter. If you weren't there, you missed a great time.
Just a short post to point you to a blog post written by my colleague Kristy Ward titled "3 Critical questions to ask about virtualization" that goes deeper on the HP VirtualSystem. I plan on getting video in the Solution Showcase but in the mean time, Kristy's post has some great info.
Today at VMworld, we had another announcement, following up on the storage federation announcement we did last week. I'm at VMworld now and ran back to my room to give you a quick overview of this announcement. So here it is:
- We announced the HP VirtualSystem for VMware. Our QuickSpec document is always a helpful technical resource to get familiar with a new product so here's a link to the VirtualSystem QuickSpecs. It's also been a topic of a few blog posts I've done.
- We announced the latest version of our HP LeftHand software, SAN/iQ 9.5 that will be available worldwide in October. I'll have more on this in the next few day.
- HP also announced enhancements to our HP FlexNetwork Architecture. Here's a link to a high-level document (PDF format) that talks about that.
In another podcast covering our August 23 storage announcement, this edition covers the new P10000 3PAR Storage System with Beth Joseph. I've known Beth for a while and she's one of our top product managers. We cover a lot of topics in this podcast focusing on what's new with our 3PAR platform. Here's the podcast with Beth: