Last week, Microsoft announced Windows Server 2012; Just after the Microsoft's web event, my HP TechCast co-host Jeffery Powers and I had a panel of Microsoft experts to discuss the announcement. On the HP TechCast were:
- John Obeto (@johnobeto) - John blogs at www.absolutelywindows.com and is the CEO of Logikworx a managed service provider that heavily utilizes Microsoft technology.
- Jason Lopez (@jaylpz07) - I met Jason at the Nth Generation Symposium and he is focused on Microsoft-based solutions. He's also looking to start a blog soon.
- Hans Vredevoort (@hvredevoort). Hans blogs at www.hyper-v.nu and is a Microsoft MVP.
You can also download or listen to the podcast on Jeffery's website. The discussion we had was interesting and given the expertise of the panel, well worth your time. You can also check out the other videos, and podcast I have focused on Windows Server 2012.
Yesterday I did a podcast introducing Microsoft Windows Server 2012 (WS2012). Today I want to dive down into some of the storage integration we have with WS2012. I have four videos, each is pretty short, that will give you a good picture of that integration.
First up is a short video that gives an overview. This is with Parissa Mohamadi - Parissa is our Microsoft Solution Manager for HP Storage.
I also have three demo videos that show the integration with WS2012 and HP Storage. The demos I have are:
- Storage space reclamation with UNMAP
- Offload Data Transfer (ODX) with HP 3PAR
- Storage management user interface with WS2012
The video I'm sharing here is a single video with embedded links to these three demo videos and the overview Parissa did.
I think a broke a record today from recording a podcast to posting it. I finished recording a podcast with Brad Kirby, Group Manager for our Microsoft Products Partnership Team at HP, talking about today's announcement from Microsoft of the highly anticipated Windows Server 2012.
Later in the week, I'll share some video demos I have that shows how HP Storage integrates with Microsoft Windows Server 2012 but for now, this podcast with Brad is a very good overview of what's coming with Windows Server 2012. Here's the podcast with Brad.