Because of their energy efficient design, notebook computers in general use less power than desktop computers, making them a smart choice to reduce overall energy consumption. However, HP’s Business Notebooks are specially designed for optimal energy efficiency. Not only does this mean better battery life, it also means a smaller carbon footprint. Combined with designs that are 90 percent recyclable (by weight) and which meet EU regulations on hazardous substances, HP Notebooks are good for business and better for the environment.
Notebooks can enable environmentally beneficial changes to working practices. They make it easier for people to work flexibly, especially when equipped with optional 3G Mobile Broadband for anywhere, anytime connectivity and webcams for video conferencing. By reducing commuting and using less energy, notebooks contribute to overall reductions in CO2 emissions.
HP Business Notebooks deliver better battery life, increased productivity, reduced energy bills and a smaller carbon footprint. For example:
- The HP Business Notebooks meet high ENERGY STAR® standards for energy efficiency. This can translate into substantial savings per computer in your electricity bill.
- Battery life (and power consumption) is reduced by features such as HP Ambient Light Sensor which dims the display in low light conditions, HP Illumi-Lite displays which use up to 10 percent less power than traditional screen backlights.
- HP Smart AC Adapters use barely half a watt when plugged into a power outlet and disconnected from the device itself.
- HP Business Notebooks offer a choice of energy-efficient processors.
Designed for easier recycling
Design innovations and clever construction make it easier to reuse or recycle HP Business Notebooks, reducing landfill. For example:
- Magnesium cases – used in many HP models – are easier to recycle than previous cases. HP DuraFinish is more recyclable than painted parts.
- Over 90 percent of HP Notebook products (by weight) are recyclable or recoverable. HP Disk Sanitizer software, built into the computer, means that you can completely erase the hard disk before recycling it. HP Notebooks are designed for easy disassembly during recycling by avoiding glue and welding where feasible.
- HP makes it easy to recycle unwanted computer hardware and printing supplies responsibly. When your HP and non-HP computer hardware or printing supplies reach end-of-life, take advantage of HP’s Planet Partners return and recycling program, available in more than 45 countries, regions and territories.
Designed for the environment
The latest HP Business Notebooks use fewer materials of concern, reducing their long-term environmental impact. For example:
- Several HP Business Notebooks have achieved the coveted EPEAT™ Gold rating for meeting a range of environmental standards. The rest have achieved the Silver rating.
- HP Business Notebook PCs fully comply with the European Union Restriction of Hazardous Substances (RoHS) directive.
- HP Illumi-Lite displays feature mercury-free LED backlighting, reducing the amount of hazardous materials used.
- HP is eliminating the remaining uses of brominated flame retardant (BFR) and polyvinyl chloride (PVC) from new computing products by implementing technologically feasible alternatives as they become readily available.
- HP has reduced the amount and size of product packaging, printed documentation and in-box CDs to reduce waste and cut shipping costs.
For more information
- HP’s environmental programs: http://hp.com/eur/environment
- HP Planet Partners recycling program: http://www.hp.com/hpinfo/globalcitizenship/environ