If you want to be the best at what you do, you can never sit still. You have to set your sights on the goal and constantly push forward. This is a persistent theme in the world of sports, business, entertainment and just about any other field.
It’s also an ever-present theme here at HP, where we continually work to drive technology forward with groundbreaking innovations. That’s the case with the legions of engineers—more than 10,000 in all—who design products for HP Converged Infrastructure.
For these people, 2010 was a banner year. Over the course of the year, HP rolled out a steady stream of innovations that help our customers realize the promise of Converged Infrastructure—today.
This was a year that brought:
- Next-generation HP Integrity systems with the HP Blade Scale architecture to deliver the industry’s first mission-critical Converged Infrastructure in one platform
- The comprehensive edge-to-core HP Networking portfolio, a cornerstone of the HP Converged Infrastructure strategy
- A host of advanced Converged Infrastructure innovations in blade architectures, storage and power management
- New mission-critical solutions to simplify and consolidate technology environments
- Breakthroughs that establish a foundation for optimal application service delivery
- The new HP ExpertONE Professional Certification Program, which brings together skills that accelerate the delivery of Converged Infrastructure
These are just some of the results of an unrelenting focus on innovation. This focus is taking the promise of Converged Infrastructure and making it real—today. For more on that point, check out Happy Anniversary Converged Infrastructure, a post from Duncan Campbell, our Geo Focal Executive for Converged Infrastructure.
And for a closer look at how HP turns good ideas into great infrastructure, check out the story of IT innovation behind HP Converged Infrastructure. You’ll come away from that story with a clear understanding of the title of this post: Converged Infrastructure means never stop innovating.
After reading, let us know your thoughts or questions in Converged Infrastructure innovations. We appreciate hearing from you.
 Dave Donatelli, executive vice-president and general manager, Enterprise Servers, Storage and Networking, Enterprise Business, speaking at HP Securities Analysts Meeting, Sept. 28, 2010.