Planning an infrastructure refresh? Maybe now is the time to think about a data center facility upgrade, or that virtualization management project you’ve been postponing for a while. And maybe you should be thinking about cloud computing, too?
IT infrastructure is converging, bringing together previously siloed server, storage, networking, management, and facilities technologies and teams to provide simpler, more efficient resource management. It’s all part of building the foundation for the Instant-On Enterprise.
Doing it right means developing clear goals, building solid alignment between IT and the business, and creating a road map that encompasses your people and processes as well as the technology. At first glance, it can seem overwhelming. If you’re like most IT leaders, you certainly have numerous projects going on as well as the usual day-to-day operational challenges, and that doesn’t leave you with much time to coordinate end-to-end planning with your various teams.
Here’s an idea: Take just one day to step back, take a deep breath, and get the big picture for converged infrastructure. Spend some quality time with your key business, operations, and IT colleagues in the HP Converged Infrastructure Transformation Experience Workshop. Meet the HP experts who can help you to build your vision of convergence with facilitated discussions and in-depth sharing of best practices.
This is NOT your typical workshop, and we guarantee that you won’t be staring at the wall watching PowerPoint slides! Instead, think of it as an opportunity to stand up, walk around, and look at some great visuals while asking the big questions and getting answers from our data-center and converged-infrastructure experts.
You’ll learn about far more than just the newest technologies. Here are just a few of the topics you’ll want to discuss:
- The service portfolio. What services you intend to offer? How are you going to source them, and what level of availability you need for them?
- Service level management for the portfolio. How can you ensure that you provide high-quality services that deliver real business value (as opposed to just operational value).
- Governance. You’ll want to ensure that policies and strategy are actually implemented, and that roles and responsibilities are clearly defined. Important questions include: How will new service development decisions be made? Who will prioritize business needs? How will conflicts be resolved?
- Metering and reporting. How will you measure service usage and exercise business oversight?
- Change management and training processes. A solid plan is crucial for organizational readiness a fast response to change.
Learn more about HP Converged Infrastructure Services here.
By Hande Sahin-Bacheci
WW marketing lead for Cloud and Converged Infrastructure Consulting Services for HP Technology Consulting.