By Paul Miller - VP, ESSN Solutions & Strategic Alliances
A statistic I find really telling is that only 32% of IT projects delivering critical business applications are rated as “successful”. The worrying underlying statistic is that the remaining 68% of application deployments fail by being late, over budget or lacking in functionality once they’re in place.
This presents a big challenge to customers as the solutions currently out there for delivering critical applications fall into two categories. They’re either proprietary, difficult to integrate and lock customers into an inflexible technology path, or they’re piecemeal, complex and can take considerable time to fully deploy.
With this in mind, we’re now extending HP Converged Infrastructure to the next level and delivering solutions, all inclusive with applications, which provide business services on spec, on time and on budget, every time.
Today, we announced a new portfolio of converged application solutions that help customers get the best out of their employees, make faster decisions, and simplify the way they deliver business applications.
Our new appliances fuse infrastructure, applications, and productivity tools into single systems for business intelligence, data warehousing, online transaction processing and messaging. They’re developed jointly with Microsoft and they build on our extended partnership, which we announced in early 2010.
The portfolio announced today includes:
- The HP Business Decision Appliance (available now)
- The HP Enterprise Data Warehouse Appliance (available now)
- The HP Messaging System for Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 (available March 2011)
- The HP Business Data Warehouse Appliance (available June 2011)
- The HP Database Consolidation Appliance (available later in 2011)
We’ll be delivering many more converged application solutions over the course of 2011, and we believe they will change the way IT departments deploy critical applications in their datacenters, so please let us have your feedback.