By David Keith – HP Global Marketing Manager, Microsoft
Gartner predicts the total volume of data will grow by 650 percent during the next five years. (CIO Magazine: Data, Data Everywhere, But Not Enough Smart Management By Thomas Wailgum Thu, April 15, 2010)
This growth in volumes of data is driving database sprawl. Customers find the deployment and operation of their BI and database infrastructure highly complex and costly, and experience sub-optimal manageability, scalability and availability. This impacts the ability of IT to meet business requirements for accurate, up to date and timely critical information.
Enterprise businesses need optimal solutions for data management to address the challenges caused by this data surge and the increasing demands of organizations for effective access to critical information.
At HP, we’re excited about the launch of SQL Server 2012. HP delivers the broadest range of solutions, based on our unparalleled collaboration with Microsoft and with our Converged Infrastructure solutions for data management and information analysis based on Microsoft SQL Server. These solutions are engineered to help customers address the issues with the data explosion through simplifying, automating and providing a quick time to value.
On March 7th, Microsoft announced their release to manufacturing (RTM) of Microsoft SQL Server 2012and provided an update to the SQL Server product line that included Parallel Data Warehouse AU (Appliance Update) 3.0 and Fast Track for SQL Server 4.0. These will be available for customers in April with the general availability of SQL Server 2012.
With HP’s Converged Infrastructure as the foundation (which includes: HP Servers, HP Storage, HP Software, HP Networking, HP Services and HP AppSystems and Microsoft’s SQL Server 2012) our joint customers can manage their critical information and implement a cost effective path to Microsoft’s Private Cloud. Through our deep engineering collaboration customers can quickly implement and experience industry leading results for every workload including the largest OLTP, self service BI, data warehouse environments to Microsoft’s private cloud.
Our joint portfolio of solutions with Microsoft accelerate time to application value, improve performance and reduce the complexity and cost of deploying and running information critical data management applications.
HP is ideally positioned to take advantage of the enhancements in SQL Server 2012, providing our customers the best range of solutions to solve their issues with the constant need to turn ever increasing amounts of data into usable information:
- Information on HP as the leading provider of solutions for Microsoft SQL Server can be found here
- The new HP ProLiant Gen8 servers continue HP’s leadership in providing SQL Server customers the best experience in the industry
- HP P10000 3PAR Storage Systems provides the ultimate storage for SQL Server with high performance, low storage costs, and simple management
- HP delivers a deep service portfolio and comprehensive support for SQL Server 2012
- HP has the only appliance for SQL Server 2012 to allow you to quickly implement a Microsoft Private Cloud environment with our HP Enterprise Database Consolidation Appliance.
- HP offers the fastest time to value for data warehousing workloads with its first jointly developed solution on the SQL Server 2012 platform and will have solutions for the SQL Server Fast Track Data Warehouse 4.0.
Achieving sustainable growth is a goal for dynamic enterprise businesses. To achieve this, businesses must move rapidly to seize new opportunities, reach new customers, and grow market share. The HP Converged Infrastructure solution coupled with Microsoft’s SQL Server 2012 provides the means to make this a reality. It is time to take action to improve your business results. Work with HP and you will experience industry leading results with a quick time to value.