By Paul Miller – Vice President, Systems and Solutions
Traditional IT is at the breaking point today. Trends like consumerization and cloud computing are driving growing demands for speed and scale that existing technologies and delivery models can’t support. It can take months to roll out a new application environment, without any guarantee of success, and IT struggles with the complexity of integrating, optimizing and maintaining these environments, often failing to complete projects on time, on spec and on budget
That’s why I’m excited to tell you that on June 6th 2011, HP announced a new portfolio of Converged Systems, designed to deliver the fastest time to application value—and time to business success. They simplify the deployment and optimization of application environments by integrating hardware, software, and services into turnkey solutions.
This converged approach enables our customers to quickly harness the full potential of virtualization, cloud, and next-generation applications, such as real-time analytics. It also helps accelerate the consolidation of legacy applications, data, and infrastructure.
Each of the systems in this portfolio is a complete solution that is tested, integrated, optimized, and scalable. And each is built on HP Converged Infrastructure leveraging common components, management, orchestration, security, power discovery, and HP Solution Support
Within the HP AppSystem portfolio we are announcing new solutions on June 6th as follows:
- The HP Vertica Analytics System takes analytics to the next level and allows organizations to process and analyze massive amounts of data from any source in real-time to accelerate business decisions. Customers can load data significantly faster than traditional databases and scale to hundreds of nodes and petabytes of data efficiently without performance degradation. It delivers query performance 50x–1000x the competition and load rates >2x of the closest competitor! Customers can immediately and accurately predict trends while uniquely differentiating products and services.
- The HP Business Data Warehouse Appliance reduces the complexities and costs faced by many midmarket clients when deploying data warehouses, in a fast, affordable and easy to deploy solution.
- The HP Database Consolidation Solution enables consolidation of thousands of transactional databases into a single, virtual environment to simplify database management with SQL server and reduce the cost of operations.
We also have some existing solutions which are included within the HP AppSystems portfolio:
- The HP Business Decision Appliance is the first self service SQL-based Business Intelligence appliance that empowers business users to accelerate analysis and decision making from months to days.
- The HP Enterprise Data Warehouse Appliance is the industry’s most scalable, highest performing and easiest-to-deploy data warehouse for SQL Server.
- The HP Messaging System for Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 is the industry’s first self-contained, pre-configured platform for Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 that delivers enterprise-class messaging to businesses of all sizes.
Our HP VirtualSystem portfolio is expected to begin shipping in Q4 2011. It is complemented by the new HP Client Virtualization Reference Architecture for Enterprise and the HP Mission Critical Virtualization Reference Architecture. These tools can help our customers deploy virtualized systems more quickly, improve security and performance as well as reduce operating costs.
Our CloudSystem portfolio is available today in private, enterprise and service provider solutions.
We have plenty of further information available on our new Converged Systems, and I’d encourage you to take a look at the links throughout this blog to find out more.