When we kicked-off 2012, I did a lot of reading and researching about the top tread predications that would shape the coming year. I concluded that the most important ‘first top priority’ was to ask the question: “How does infrastructure convergence affect me, help my clients, and what can I do to become a change agent”. (click here to read this blog)
Now that we are one month in to the New Year, the next hot topic I believe every IT person needs to get a handle on is: Mobility / Digital Media. I’m not talking about the obvious things like tweeting until your fingers go numb, adding more mobile apps to your smart phone, or getting in line to get a piece of the Facebook IPO. I am talking about the enterprise IT engine behind the scenes. The fact is, data center efficiency is the heart and blood-line for capitalizing in the digital age. In other words, ask yourself: How can your organization build the simplicity and agility into your infrastructure to handle mobility on this unprecedented scale?
My #2 Priority: Mobility and infrastructure convergence
If you’re in IT, you may have already recognized the importance of this and you also know there’s a whole lot more to deal with. E.g. see >> Big data security and protection; turning that data into business intelligence; having an effective data analytics engine in a ‘context-aware’ manner; and, the need to overcome IT complexity and sluggishness by adding more simplicity and automation to ‘speed-up’ IT’s ability to ‘move and adapt’ quickly.
If you fundamentally agree with this premise, one-mans-view is not enough. Thus, I have pulled together some good articles and information from some very smart people that I think would be extremely helpful and informative for you to explore:
- 4 IT trends that will help you remain competitive in 2012 – This article shares the opinions of several of HP’s leading CTOs and innovators around topics such as mobility, demystify context-aware IT, consumerization of IT, predicting customer purchasing behaviors, etc.
- IT Megatrends in 2012 – This short video is a nice overview about how dynamic enterprises use seamless, secure, and context-aware IT to compete and succeed.
- Ways that context-aware IT can increase your organization’s agility and security – This article by Mark Potts, CTO of management software at HP, expands upon the context-aware topic so enterprises can solve problems more rapidly, understand vulnerabilities, and predict, prioritize and remediate to solve future problems.
- 5 key trends impacting the future of networking – This blog by Saar Gillai, VP Advanced Technology and CTO, HP Networking, shares how the explosive growth in mobility and increased adoption of cloud computing will change how you think about your IT.
- Transformation workshops and assessments to help you innovate your IT services – check out the wide range of transformation assessments that can help delivered by HP transformation experts.
- What does my kitchen remodel have to do with big data? - This blog by Brad Parks from the HP Storage team adds clarity around how the ‘complexity of big data’ needs an architecture that can handle it.
From a big picture perspective, this is exactly why we introduced the HP Converged Infrastructure strategy over two years ago. I really do think it would be worth your time to explore our Converged Infrastructure portfolio. After all, it’s our business to understand your issues, challenges and business environment so we can bring ‘technology and innovation’ to you ... so you can achieve the results you expect – both today and far into the future.
Thank you for your time,