We continue our series of the top Converged Systems sessions for HP Discover 2012.
Part 4: Microsoft SQL sessions that you should not miss.
If you’re registered for the show please mark these down in your calendar. If you’re not registered then there are still places available, so don’t miss out.
Session BB2717 – Turn data explosion into business advantage with data warehousing solutions from HP and Microsoft – 6th June – 14:45
How do you define “big data”? What are the differences between structured and unstructured data? How will you transform and leverage your organizations internal and external data sources to make optimal business decisions?
This session will explore how the HP Enterprise Data Warehouse solution unlocks the promise of Big Data by using easy to deploy, Massively Parallel Processing (MPP) appliances and mid-range SQL Server solutions. During the session, attendees will also learn how different organizations use different types of analytics against “big data” to help make informed business decisions.
At the session we'll help you:
1) Define what “big data” is and means to different organizations
2) Define the differences between structured and unstructured data and how they may be leveraged to make business decisions
3) Gain insight into different types of analytics and how different user groups exploit the data and convert it into knowledge.
4) Discuss an optimal BI architecture may be used to efficiently organize and structure data for easy access
5) Learn how different HP and Microsoft solutions fit into an organization’s BI infrastructure.
Session DT3044 - Extreme Data Warehousing - EDW Best Practices – Discover Theater 5 – June 5th 14:00
Is your SMP based data warehouse bottlenecking due to I/O throughput or CPU resource limitations? Is your data warehouse expected to grow to 40TB or higher? The HP Enterprise Data Warehouse Appliance, optimized for SQL Server 2008 R2 Parallel Data Warehouse, is a dedicated data warehouse appliance offering massive parallel scale-out query processing, allows users to scale up to much higher levels of performance and capacity than single SMP systems can offer.
This session will introduce the audience to the HP Enterprise Data Warehouse architecture and discuss design best practices which will lead to a successful, high performing, Parallel Data Warehouse implementation.
At the session you’ll:
1) Get an overview of the HP EDW Appliance hardware and how it relates to SQL Server Parallel Data Warehouse software functionality.
2) Learn how the HP EDW/PDW may be leveraged to provide users with high levels of I/O throughput.
Session TB2718 – Architecting high performance and scalable data warehousing solutions for Microsoft SQL Server 2012 – 7th June 13:30
Learn more about deploying solutions based on SQL Server 2012 Fast Track innovations such as new xVelocity in-memory technologies and new HP ProLiant Gen8 server technologies that deliver improved scalability and performance.
HP and Microsoft bring together complete SQL Server data warehouse solutions that deliver 50 percent faster deployment at the industry’s lowest total cost of ownership. Together, these solutions help you grow your business, accelerate time-to-market and quickly respond to changes.
If you’re attending Discover why not let us know which sessions you’re going to see in the comments section below.
If you’re not registered yet please click on the link below for a discounted price.