By Elaine Yee - HP Converged Application Systems
Introduced and demonstrated at the Microsoft Management Summit (MMS) in Las Vegas during April, the VirtualSystem VS3 completely powered the Hands-on Lab and lead MMS 2012 with a record 52,000 VMs during the entire 4 ½ day event.
HP VirtualSystem VS3 is the ultimate virtualization platform that accelerates the path to private cloud computing with tight integration of HP Insight Control with Microsoft System Center 2012. HP delivers VS3 pre-tested, pre-configured and ready to run with Microsoft Hyper-V and System Center 2012, simplifying virtualization and enabling you to virtualize your enterprise quickly and easily.
Read more about what was announced though a blog by Brad Kirby along with a series of three blogs (one, two and three) from HPStorageGuy which include video and audio. Also we have video coverage from analysts ESG including an interview with Scott Schaffer, some coverage from the press - including eWeek, The Register, IT Business Edge and Data Center Journal - and a final word from Microsoft themselves.
To learn more about VS3 from HP you can go to HP VirtualSystem for Microsoft website.
In addition – we now have available the HP VirtualSytem VS2 Reference Architecture for Microsoft that accelerates your journey to the cloud with a blueprint for a solution that integrates management from the infrastructure to the application. The VS2 Reference Architecture is:
- A solution built on ProLiant Gen8 servers and System Center 2012
- Conforms to the Microsoft Private Cloud Fast Track specification
- Illustrates integrated management, from the infrastructure to the application
- Complements other HP virtualization offers, from Smart Bundles to turnkey solutions
To learn more about all of the HP VirtualSystem solutions for Microsoft, go to HP VirtualSystem Solutions for Microsoft website.
For the SMB, we now have available the HP Departmental Private Cloud Reference Architecture. This architecture lets you have your cloud your way as you begin your journey to the cloud. The architecture:
- Is built to align with the Microsoft Private Cloud Fast Track specification
- Combines HP and Microsoft best practices for virtualization and cloud deployment
- Can be configured as a simple virtualization platform that supports either Windows Server 2012 or Windows Server 2008 R2
- Can also be transformed into a private cloud with the addition of Microsoft System Center
The HP Departmental Private Cloud RA is built from two HP ProLiant DL360e Gen8 servers, the HP P2000 G3 MSA Array System, and two HP E2910-24G al switches, this RA is designed to strike the optimum balance between high-availability (HA), performance, and cost. You can read more about it from the HP Departmental Private Cloud RA Datasheet.