HP Enterprise Servers, Storage and Networking announced the HP ProLiant Gen8, the world’s most self-sufficient servers today. This server generation release is a leap forward that includes: embedded automation and intelligent management software designed to cut lifecycle operations tasks, facility overhead and downtime costs.
I’ve seen these enhancements unfold over the past several years. HP ProLiant Gen8 servers are the result of a $300 million, 2-year HP research and development initiative to eliminate many manual tasks across the IT lifecycle. Why? Because manual operations in the data center are too cumbersome and error prone. Based on extensive research, this new generation of servers are client inspired and include over 150 design innovations that allow administrators to increase application performance up to 50%, shift more time per day to business innovation, extend data center capacity, and increase uptime by preventing data loss and failures.
A few big picture features for the new HP ProLiant features:
- HP ProLiant Gen8 servers have ProActive Insight architecture built-in. HP created Insight Online, the industry’s first comprehensive IT management and support solution for your HP environment. Taking advantage of the intelligence of Insight Online, HP experts can help you proactively resolve issues, deliver real-time insight and continuously improve data center operations and results.
- HP Insight Online, a cloud-based service and support portal, enables unique support and services that can help you avoid unplanned outages and streamline operations by spotting—and fixing—potential trouble areas before they cause problems.
- HP Proactive Support Services take advantage of the onboard intelligence of ProLiant Gen8 servers to improve infrastructure uptime and performance.
- HP ServiceONE Advantage provides you with local expertise backed by HP global resources.
The new family members of ProLiant server portfolio will be available after March.
Are you interested in learning more? If yes continue on for more information:
- Learn more about the new servers by visiting the HP ProLiant Gen8 announcement page.
- Learn more on the four ways to achieve a self-sufficient infrastructure