Displaying articles for: 09-09-2012 - 09-15-2012
HP today announced additions to its security solutions portfolio that enable enterprises to assess, transform, optimize and manage their security environments to proactively protect what matters.
Security and risk management has become one of the most pressing issues faced by enterprise executives. Security breaches make it into the news nearly every day. Threats are growing exponentially, and traditional security models are fragmented. While security intelligence is on the rise and security executives are starting to have a seat at the table, many organizations do not have a comprehensive security strategy in place. Reactive measures still dominate resources and budget.
HP's guiding principles for security is the key:
We build it in. We make it intelligent. We protect what matters.
HP’s point of view is that enterprise customers can protect what matters most by taking a proactive stance on enterprise information security, and utilize intelligent security capabilities to reduce risk. HP delivers intelligent security; solutions that help customers see and understand threats earlier.
Unlike other security vendors, HP can support an end-to-end security strategy and implementation, from mobile devices to converged infrastructure, to cloud services. We have market-leading technology, enterprise perspective, and experienced people. We offer a choice of delivery models: products, services, and/or a hybrid model. Our expertise covers the full range of security disciplines, including governance risk and compliance; application security; network security; data security; and identity and device security. We put the world to work for you with security research and innovation. HP researchers find more critical vulnerabilities than any of our competitors.
With the growing need for intelligent risk management, organizations are looking to adopt a proactive, sustainable approach to information risk management. HP understands this and we’re expanding further with the unveiling today of new products and services enhancing this tremendous portfolio:
For public sector organizations, security threats are continuing to escalate, regulations are becoming more complex and budgets are shrinking. HP Security for Public Sector reflects the breadth and depth of HP’s security services capabilities to meet the exacting standards of these organizations worldwide. New additions to this portfolio include:
- New features added to HP Assured Identity, a solution that offers simplified identity, credential and access management. It enables tighter controls against insider threats, robust identity proofing and reduced complexity around secure information sharing between collaborating organizations.
- Comprehensive Applications Threat Analysis (CATA) on Demand lowers the cost of application security by addressing threats throughout the development life cycle.
- HP Security Operations Center (SOC) Consulting Services, designed for public sector clients outside the United States, enable clients to establish an on-site intelligent cybersecurity operations center. Clients also can acquire HP Services to assist in managing the center. This service complements HP’s U.S. Public Sector security consulting and security operations center service.
HP also unveiled new products and services to provide clients transparency and control over their entire organization. New offerings include:
- HP Data Center Protection Services evaluate organizations’ existing security practices and provide actionable recommendations to help them optimize infrastructure and improve program management across the data center.
- HP ArcSight Enterprise Security Manager 6.0c is a powerful, scalable security monitoring and compliance solution that identifies and remediates cyberthreats faster than ever before. HP ArcSight Enterprise Security Manager rapidly identifies security threats across an organization’s infrastructure and prioritizes critical issues to reduce potential damage.
- HP TippingPoint NX Platform Next Generation Intrusion Prevention Systems (NGIPS) ensures protection across network devices, virtual machines, operating systems and business-critical applications by adding significant capacity for deep-packet traffic inspection. The new modular architecture is designed to adapt automatically to threats as they are discovered, while allowing organizations to save rack space and maintain consistent power consumption and cooling costs.
HP also announced a mobile application for IT security professionals that utilizes data from HP Digital Vaccine Labs (DVLabs) to monitor current and trending cyberthreats. HP Information Security Pulse, available at no additional cost, enables security professionals to rapidly determine and address risks that may affect their environment. The application is currently available for webOS, Apple iOS ®, Android™ and web browser platforms.
HP’s intelligent security solutions also extend to print environments. Offerings include:
- HP Access Control (HP AC) Printing Solutions, expanded for the healthcare industry, enhance device security and improve companywide printing policies with secure authentication, secure pull printing, intelligent management and job accounting.
- HP Imaging and Printing Security Assessment reviews the print environment from a security and compliance perspective, minimizing the risks of unattended documents, sensitive data processing from a computer to a printer, and confidential information on device hard drives.
- Enhanced HP Imaging and Printing Security Center (IPSC), a policy-based solution, increases security automation while reducing risk through broader device and operating-system compatibility, expanded HP Instant-on Security device support and powerful password management capabilities.
HP also announced an industry first by surpassing 2.5 billion lines of code under subscription as part of its HP Fortify on Demand (FoD) application security Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) solution. HP Fortify leads the industry with the capability to harden the attack surface of applications with both static and dynamic application testing for 21 languages, more than any other vendor. In addition, for mobile computing security, HP Fortify offers SaaS testing services for both the iOS and Android operating systems.
Additional information about HP Enterprise Security solutions is available at www.hp.com/go/EnterpriseSecurity2012.