HP recently made several big announcements related to application transformation. Applications are a key component in the enterprise. But many enterprises are struggling with too many applications, some of which are aging and inflexible, making it difficult to deliver products and services that meet customers’ needs. So the question is no longer whether to transform aging applications and infrastructure, but how.
With so many HP blog posts and articles about application transformation and application rationalization right now, it’s easy to miss a few so here’s a roundup of this week’s conversations on the why and how of app tran:
- Have no fear! A Professional Organizer Can Help You Get a Grip On Your Application Portfolio: Angie Westerfield discusses steps 4 and 5 of cleaning out the clutter when it comes to your applications portfolio - Don’t go at it alone and clean out that closet (Post includes links to steps 1-3).
- Your Application Portfolio Needs to Change with the Times to Keep that Competitive Edge: Angie Westerfield closes out this series with steps 6 and 7 of cleaning out the applications portfolio clutter – change with the times and celebrate your accomplishments (Post includes links to steps 1 – 5).
- The first step to Applications Transformation? Application Rationalization: John Bennett discusses the key step to starting your application transformation journey and the 5 questions application rationalization can answer about your apps portfolio.
- The party’s over and it’s time to police the area: When you move, you sometimes throw out as much as you keep. The same can be said for your applications portfolio when it’s time to tackle application sprawl. Charlie Bess just moved and is reflecting on the similarities between moving and dealing with a bloated apps portfolio via application rationalization.
- Software: The secret sauce to make application transformation work: This article discusses the three phases of application transformation and the secret sauce that makes it all work.
I hope this applications transformation roundup helps keep you up-to-date on the most current HP discussions. Until next week, happy transformations and let me know if there’s a particular App Tran topic you’d like to hear more about.