By PT Umphress, Enterprise Services Global Marketing
Here is a summary of the Enterprise Services blog topics for this past week:
There is much confusion when it comes to GRC and you may be saying “it’s all GReeC to me” (excuse the topical pun). Neil Pass explains.
- Anticipate and remediate IT issues before they impact your business By Judi Cardinal
We summarize a session by Alex Weiland (Product Manager for Service Health Analyzer):”Anticipate and remediate IT issues before they impact your business.”
- The "Magic" of Day 2 @ HP Discover Vienna By Dirk Bulcke
Dirk Bulcke, EMEA ITO Product Marketing Manager, recaps Day2 of HP Discover Vienna.
- The New Metrics for CIO Success: MPS can help By Cara Shockley
The CIO’s role has changed greatly since 1997. Back then, success was defined by the basics: email delivery, network connectivity and application functionality. Now, in 2011 the CIO role is much more complex, but Managed Print Services can help.
- Cut risk, time, and cost from your SAP systems with SAP Sandbox and Development Solutions By AJ Murray
HP just announced a new service, SAP Sandbox and Development Solutions. In one stroke, working with HP, you cut your risk, time and costs – always a good maneuver in the high-risk/reward situations that SAP environments present.
- Crowdsourcing expands By Charlie Bess
If you read Wikinomics a while back, you became familiar with the issue of crowdsourcing. Within HP we have numerous sentiment analysis and crowdsourcing research activities underway.
We are all experiencing a lot of hype and information about the cloud. It’s hard to keep up with all the information. One thing is for sure… having a successful cloud deployment is critical. One of the things that will make your cloud deployment successful is to understand your landscape and know what you need to do to accelerate your business.
- Highlights from an HP Discover Vienna Keynote: Make 2012 the year of change for IT By Jan Gladziejewski
Jan Gladziejewski, Marketing Director HP Enterprise Services EMEA, recaps Sukhi Gill and John Maguire’s Keynote from HP Discover in Vienna and shares some insights from the session.
- First day at Discover 2011 in Vienna By Dirk Bulcke, EMEA ITO Product Marketing Manager
Dirk Bulcke, EMEA ITO Product Marketing Manager, recaps Day 1 of HP Discover in Vienna.
- Bring apps to market more quickly with Cloud Applications Services for Microsoft Windows Azure By Alison Watterson
We spoke with Tom Hall, Worldwide Product Marketing Manager for Cloud Applications Services, about HP’s recent announcement of new cloud applications for Windows Azure and learned why it is important to customers.
- New enhanced features for Enterprise Cloud Services–Compute By Alison Watterson
We spoke with Ryan Reed, Global Product Marketing Manager for Cloud Services, about HP’s recent announcement of enhancements to its Enterprise Cloud Services–Compute (ECS–Compute) offering and learned why they are important to customers.
- The analytics of life parallels fiction By Charlie Bess
A new TV series highlights the opportunities presented by big data and information analytics.
The transformation of consumer behavior is driving a shift from a Business-to-Consumer to a Consumer-to-Business marketing model, focused on building high value, long term relationships through consumer engagement. The emerging Social Media play a central role in this transformation, and contribute to the creation of new networks and communities that become business stakeholders.
- Big Data, King of the Terabytes! By Todd Berger
“Hey Bro,” I asked my friend, “there’s so much buzz lately about Big Data, what do you make of it?” His response was rather thought provoking. “Todd, there’s a monster in our presence…”
- Information Optimization - Achieving time to value with Vertica By Todd Chapman
HP’s Vertica Analytics Solution analyzes data on a massive scale, with several users analyzing more than a petabyte of data in real-time. Vertica delivers improved flexibility, extensibility and performance in how users analyze and manage their business-critical information.
- Is your Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) Deal Doomed to Fail? By Charlie Bess
According to a recent Dun & Bradstreet study, 20% of all business process outsourcing (BPO) deals fail within the first two years. Per the article, a major reason for the failure can be attributed to the “nail it down” approach. Here’s why…