The other day I was with a group of friends at a pizzeria in Palo Alto, CA when one of them asked me what HP DISCOVER 2011 was about?
I went on to explain to them that HP combined its annual HP Software Universe, HP Technology Forum and HP Technology@Work into a single event—HP DISCOVER, and that the event will take place on June 6-10 in Las Vegas at the Venetian Resort. And, that Paul McCartney would be performing a private concert. “Very cool,” they mumbled with mouths half-full of pizza.
Later it occurred to me that there was so much more to HP DISCOVER that I could have, and should have shared with them. Yes, Vegas is a “very cool” town with lots to see and do. Yes, the Venetian is a beautiful resort to host a conference. And yes, Paul McCartney does put on a great show—I saw him over the summer when he played at the ballpark in San Francisco. But HP Discover 2011 is so much more.
It’s the place to discover the HP strategies and technologies that will shape the next decade of IT, particularly the Instant-On Enterprise, HP's unique vision for innovation and effectiveness in industry and government. It’s the place to network with 1000s of your fellow peers, gain experience with hands-on demonstrations, as well as participate in technical training, education and free certification courses across HP’s products, solutions and services. Moreover, HP DISCOVER 2011 offers you 28 unique HP Enterprise Services sessions on the topics and solutions you care about the most, including:
Infrastructure Technology Outsourcing
- Session ID #4242 – De-mystifying IT Transformation: achieving IT optimization through transformation
- Session ID #3725 - What Makes it Tick? An Inside Look at Enterprise Cloud Services
- Session ID #4245 - User Profiling: The Gateway to an Innovative Workplace
- Session ID #4246 - Enterprise Service Management as a Service
- Session ID #4252 - Mainframe: anchor or opportunity?
- Session ID #4255 - Using the cloud for cost-effective disaster recovery and business resiliency
- Session ID #4240 - Consuming Cloud Computing for Enterprises
- Session ID #4536 – Do You Want Instant Peace of Mind? How IT Outsourcing Changes the Game of IT
- Session ID #4694 - Getting Security Services from the Cloud
- Session ID #4696 - Catch – 22: Identity & Access Management
- Session ID #4774 - Virtualization Management – The Key to Harnessing the Power of the Converged Infrastructure
- Session ID #4480 - Mobility Today and the Future: Connecting Employees Anytime, Anywhere
- Session ID #4861 - Do You Know Where Your Mobile Data Is? Mobile Device Management Is the Answer
- Session ID #5260 - Building Modern Business Applications with Agile Development
- Session ID #5261 - Flexible Testing Services with HP Testing-as-a-Service
- Session ID #5200 - Applications Modernization: Large-Scale Successful Transformation – Customer Success Story
- Session ID #5201 - Application Modernization: Computing the TCO of an Application Portfolio
- Session ID #3277 - Assess: Understanding Your Applications Portfolio and How Important it is To Your Business
- Session ID #3278 - Modernize: Executing Your Roadmap for Application Transformation
- Session ID #3280 - Manage: Proven Techniques for Managing Your New Transformed Applications
Business Process Outsourcing
- Session ID #5220 - HP’s F&A BPO Solutions Provide CFO’s A Strategic Partner
- Session ID #5121 - Insurance Services: Ignite Growth Utilizing the HP Suite of Insurance Solutions
- Session ID #5122 - Meeting Healthcare Reform Head-on
- Session ID #4365 - Future-Proof Your Airline: HP Next Generation Solutions for the Airline Industry
- Session ID #5126 - Public Sector Solutions: Becoming Environmentally Responsible
- Session ID #5125 - Cyber Security Services: How to Guard Against Cyber Threats
- Session ID #5127 - Transformation For Growth in the Communications Industry
- Session ID #3631 - OSS Transformation for Growth
As you can see, there is much more to HP DISCOVER 2011 than "Fabulous Las Vegas," a luxury resort, and a private concert with a rock legend. There are keynotes, technology education, free HP certification testing, a Discover Zone, and 28 unique HP Enterprise Services sessions--More than you could possibly attend.
To view the entire HP DISCOVER 2011 Session Catalog, select here. To help you make the case to your organization for attending HP DISCOVER, available are two Justification Letters:
For more information on HP DISCOVER 2011 conference, or to register to attend this event, visit the HP DISCOVER 2011 Website.