HP Enterprise Services has launched Vulnerability Scanning & Penetration Testing Services, part of the Security, Continuity & Compliance services under Security Operations. Vulnerability Scanning & Penetration Testing Services provides regular and proactive identification of network vulnerabilities to prevent hackers or disgruntled insiders from exploiting network weaknesses. It also assists in remediation planning.
Here are some fast facts about security issues being faced today by any company relying on the internet to communicate...
- Since 2003, 18,771 vulnerabilities in applications and platforms have been reported; 50% of them in the last three years. (Reference of National Institute of Standards and Technology http://nvd.nist.gov )
- Average number of days for a vulnerability to be exploited has plummeted in the past 5 years from 206 days in 2001 to 3 days in 2009. (Courtesy of US-Cert)
- Cost can range from 90 to 305 dollars PER compromised record
- Breach of only 10,000 records can cost a million dollars or more
The Vulnerability Scanning & Penetration Testing Services provide our clients the following benefits and features:
- Identify what vulnerabilities need fast or even emergency actions as well as what vulnerabilities are less important (this prioritization can result in major cost saving for the client)
- Very flexible subscription terms to get aligned to the client’s vulnerability management process
- Track vulnerabilities from previous scans and their remediation status
- Help clients to meet industry and government regulatory compliance requirements such as PCI DSS (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards) requiring regular scans
To get further information on these and other security services, follow this link to the HP ES Website.