By PT Umphress, Enterprise Services Global Marketing
Here is a summary of the Enterprise Services blog topics for this past week:
- Mobile World Congress - Barcelona 2012 - Day 1 highlights by Marie-Paule Odini
Marie-Paule provides a rundown of what she heard and saw on Day 1 of Mobile World Congress.
- Mobile devices and data collection, an untapped opportunity? by Charlie Bess
Everyone is probably aware of the vast amounts of data available to organizations today as well as the large amount of “dark data” that is collected but never used. Mobile devices provide another source of data.
- Solutions that Work -- to Solve your Business Challenges by Tim Castelli
At HP we recognize that challenges can appear like they are on a never-ending conveyor belt. To help our clients prioritize and address these challenges, we offer transformational solutions –a broad, integrated portfolio of Business Process Outsourcing services.
- Cloud as a job enabler, in rural America by Charlie Bess
A recent Forbes article titled: “Cloud Will Generate 14 Million Jobs By 2015: That's A Good Start” stated that cloud computing will add to the job market over the coming years and that most of these jobs will likely be outside IT.
- Running a mainframe in your data center? If so…are your mainframe priorities similar to your peers? by Shawna Rudd
So…what improvements is mainframe operations most focused on for 2012? Well…according to the 6th Annual BMC Mainframe Survey, this doesn't seem to have changed much since last year.
- Abundance – another word for a recovery? by Charlie Bess
There are books on an abundance perspective and numerous articles on the shifting view of information technology and many of them use the term abundance. This got me thinking if this is the buzzword for the recovery?
- Client Engagement for Wealth Managers – Live Session at Convergence 2012 by Brian Balboni, CRM Consulting Manager
The wealth manager’s world is characterized by an aging base of clients with younger, skeptical heirs who require greater investments of time and disciplined communication practices. One of the greatest challenges for today’s wealth managers is winning the hearts of these younger investors and retaining the assets from their aging parents.
- Computer cores and the pursuit of speed and light. by Charlie Bess
HP Labs has been working tie microprocessor cores together using beams of light. They hope to build a computer chip that includes 256 microprocessors using this technique by 2017.
- Starting an IT Consolidation Modernization Journey by Carl Chick, Product Marketing Sales Readiness Manager, Mainframe Management & Data Center Modernization Services
IT departments, regardless of market or industry, strive for technical and operational excellence. However, this alone will not guarantee success. The most well-run, technologically advanced data center, in the absence of governance and strategy for coordinated management of IT assets, cannot improve and sustain service delivery, security and cost effectiveness.