Enterprise Services Blog
Get the latest thought leadership and information about the role of Enterprise Services in an increasingly interconnected world at HP Communities.

Mobility, Big Data, Information Security, Enterprise Workflow – Around Enterprise Services, Nov. 2

By Ken Howard, Enterprise Services Global Marketing


Here is a summary of the Enterprise Services blog topics for this past week:


Your enterprise mobility journey by Yugan Sikri

Enterprises are embracing mobility at the speed of light. CFOs expect their latest financial dashboards to be available on their tablets and smartphones. CTOs expect to see the latest technology to be available at their fingertips and expect to make faster decisions as a result. Employees expect to do their top 5 tasks effectively using their mobile device at anytime from anywhere. These are the new challenges that many enterprises are facing.
 
Managing Enterprise – Class Archive by RickLaCoume

I have written multiple articles outlining the difference between archiving and backing up data. One phrase I like to repeat when discussing archiving vs backup is “archiving is for discovery and backup is for recovery.” 
 
Big Data? Discover the BIG Opportunities! by Jill_Oshita

The ability to extract real value from information is the new currency of business and government—but only if you can manage and exploit its massive volume, velocity and variety of “Big Data.” No matter the source, you must convert it into intelligence—practical facts and figures that you can apply strategically across your IT ecosystem.
 
Information Security begins at home with your employees by Nadhan

Is your business protected against information security risks? HP expert Ken Larson points out five key information security management objectives for enterprises. One of these objectives – accessibility –stands out for me. In today's world of bringing your own devices, an ecosystem has been created that raises concerns about the security of the data exchanged in the process. Accessibility is a concern both from the standpoint of retrieval as well as dispatch of information.
 
Driving enterprises forward with streamlined workflow, increased productivity and lower costs by cara.shockley

In an effort to help its customers continue to drive their business forward, HP today announced the expansion of its printing portfolio, including new categories of devices and content management solutions designed to redefine business and government printing for enterprise customers, enabling them to reduce costs, increase efficiency and digitize the office.  

At the Intersection where Mobility and Big Data meet; driving speed and change for your business by Rich Byron

A few weeks ago at SAP TechEd in Las Vegas we had many conversations on “big data” (HANA) and separate conversations on Mobility.  However, we are now starting to see more interaction and flow between the two.  Are you seeing this in your business?

Discover the world’s first technical cloud computing standard for the second time by Nadhan

Have you heard of the first technical standard for Cloud Computing—SOCCI (pronounced saw-key)? Wondering what it stands for? Well, it stands for Service Oriented Cloud Computing Infrastructure. It is the technical standard that The Open Group developed early this year.

 
HP named a Leader in Gartner Magic Quadrant Report for MPS and MFPs/Printers / wins new customers by cara.shockley

Gartner Inc., a leading independent IT and research analysis firm, published its latest Magic Quadrant for Managed Print Services, Worldwide[1], and Magic Quadrant for MFPs and Printers, Worldwide[2].  HP was named a “Leader” in both reports this year, recognized for its “completeness of vision” and “ability to execute.” 

Accountable Healthcare is Driving Big Data and Analytics by Jill_Oshita

It is probably no surprise to you that data is the single most valuable asset for the healthcare industry. Yet, healthcare organizations have leveraged just 20% of their data for decision making. The information that can be collected from the remaining 80% of data is what’s driving Big Data and analytics initiatives within this area.

Leave a Comment

We encourage you to share your comments on this post. Comments are moderated and will be reviewed
and posted as promptly as possible during regular business hours

To ensure your comment is published, be sure to follow the community guidelines.

Be sure to enter a unique name. You can't reuse a name that's already in use.
Be sure to enter a unique email address. You can't reuse an email address that's already in use.
Type the characters you see in the picture above.Type the words you hear.
Search
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
About the Author
Featured


Follow Us
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.