Displaying articles for: 05-13-2012 - 05-19-2012
By PT Umphress, Enterprise Services Global Marketing
Here is a summary of the Enterprise Services blog topics for this past week:
- Social intelligence and sentiment analysis - attend the Discover 2012 session
- Transformation to the Cloud
- ManReduce - a parallel programming framework for human and machine computation
- HP’s Holistic Approach to the Document Lifecycle Management
- HP wins 2 awards at SSON for Excellence in Customer Services, Improvement & Innovation.
- Cloud: a strategic approach is needed for CSPs
- HP named an MPS leader in new Forrester report
- I think I have my schedule for HP discover this year
- Black & Veatch unified communications and modernized business processes
- HP at SAP Sapphire - Day Three - daily buzz!
- SAP Sapphire Observation: HANA will change the way the world is doing business!
- Launching a “Bring Your Own Device” project – what have we learned in the past few years?
- Are you wasting valuable cash?
- Overview of gamification
- Synergies of Cloud Computing, Big Data and Analytics across Industries - Nadhan's Top 5
- Human augmented automation
- SAP Sapphire - Day One - mid-day buzz
- Discover 2012: Big Data is Big Business
- Where does your organization fall within the Social Business Maturity Model?
- Focusing on the real technology problems
- The upcoming Facebook’s IPO and its social business implications
- Evaluate your storage environment for additional cost savings!
Social Intelligence: My sentiments, exactly
I’m going to introduce you to yet another new concept in how IT is helping you understand your customers. It’s called “sentiment analysis” and no, it’s not measuring whether your customers cry easily or are nostalgic. But it does help you to know what they are feeling or thinking about your products and/or service!
HP has just secured a leader position in the recent “The Forrester Wave™: Managed Print Services, Q2 2012” report. One of the key takeaways from the report that really caught my eye was this:
“Enterprises that maintain decentralized purchasing and management, without adopting MPS or aggressive self-management, will struggle to meet emerging print reduction and sustainability goals.”
By Danette Hardin
Today’s workplace is more challenging to operate in for several reasons but one being that workers and the companies we do business with are located all over the world, yet travel budgets have been drastically cut. This “new normal” of doing business globally requires better collaboration among workers and partners in different geographies, business units and even companies. That’s where Unified Communications & Collaboration (UCC) comes into play for many companies including Black & Veatch, a global leader in consulting, engineering, construction and operation in the critical areas of energy, water and telecommunications.
I recently shared my thoughts on the various triggers for Industry Cloud Computing. There are certain synergies that apply across multiple industries thanks to the powerful combination of Cloud and Big Data, which opens up a wealth of data for context-specific analysis. In this post, I am providing a synopsis of the top 5 synergies that can be realized across these three domains: Big Data, Cloud and Analytics. Subsequently, I plan on providing more context by applying them to various industries in upcoming posts.
Discover 2012: Big Data is Big Business
Just got my current issue of CRN.com today. One of the lead articles is “Big Data: Big Opportunities.” If you don't want to admit that you don’t know what “Big Data” is, you’re not alone -- I didn't know, either. But after talking to Nigel Upton, I do now! So, let me help you out here.
What is Big Data, anyway?