Displaying articles for: 05-27-2012 - 06-02-2012
This spring, Diversified Agency Services [DAS], a division of Omnicom Group, Inc., embarked on an 18 month journey to migrate business-critical data to two world-class data centers in Phoenix and Atlanta. What’s unique about this journey is that DAS is chronicling it in a video web series, Every Journey Begins with a Connection.
Today, I sat down with DAS CIO Jason Cohen to explore this state-of-the-art data consolidation initiative using HP Networking solutions and how the organization is consolidating vast amounts of data, centralizing network applications and increasing the speed of internal decision-making.
Cyber threats are getting more sophisticated and unpredictable than ever, making security a front-and-center concern for enterprises and CIOs. HP’s Enterprise Security experts have been discussing the hottest security topics on the Enterprise Security Trends blog – don’t miss these great posts and feel free to add your own comment to join the discussion
It’s always fun to write about something that shows a vision and then progress forward. But it’s especially fun when that ‘something’ is Cloud related AND it can help clients confidently and rapidly adopt cloud-based applications that are so needed as businesses change and grow. At Discover 2012 next week we’ll discuss how HP and Microsoft are working together to deliver Windows Azure – and how you can get in on the fun (and benefits) early.
By PT Umphress, Enterprise Services Global Marketing
Here is a summary of the Enterprise Services blog topics for this past week:
- Merck saving more than 30% with Managed Print Services
- Are managed print services worth your time?
- Experience Application Transformation at HP Discover
- Network cloud formations: making the most of service providers’ new capabilities
- Computer-based emotion recognition
- From SAP Sapphire NOW 2012 to HP Discover2012 HP and SAP users – The conversation continues!
- It’s a real disaster at the HP Discover Continuity Theater!
- Are you an SAP customer with your head in the cloud? Come to HP Discover to learn more
- Outsourcing Camps
- Preparing for Launch: Learning from the Telecoms Cloud Services Summit 2012
- What does Converged Cloud and Open Path for cloud mean to you?
- Robo-fish on Patrol (an example of automation)
A year ago, after meeting Drew Pawlak, the director of Global Client Services Delivery at Merck, I blogged about how he was driving substantial savings at Merck (over 30%) with the implementation of Managed Print Services (MPS). I happened to see him again last week and caught his keynote presentation at an event in D.C. The timing is perfect to report on Merck’s experience over the past year with HP Managed Print Services.
Attend HP Discover session BB3024 to hear from Stuart Elby, Vice President, Network Architecture and Technology at Verizon, as he explores how technologies like cloud, SDN and advanced network orchestration help them meet customer demand.
By Jill Laubach
Don’t miss this live demonstration of recovery-as–a-service in action at HP Discover 2012. HP’s George Ferguson will set the stage in this unique experience demonstrating what happens following a major natural disaster in an interactive theater setting. Join us June 5 and 6 in Las Vegas.