Retailers are rethinking not just their technology, but also their organizational and operational integration, in order to respond to the omni-channel customer experience. In this month’s issue of Industry Edge digital magazine, HP’s Tricia Chismer Garrett, client principal, retail and consumer goods, makes the point that retailers must design their business processes across the enterprise to support omni-channel customer engagement – with the understanding that the brick and mortar experience remains a key factor.
We delve a bit deeper into the topic with Garrett in the following interview.
By Alison Watterson, Enterprise Services Global Marketing
Here is a summary of the Enterprise Services blog topics for this past week:
- Debunking the 3 Myths of Knowledge Management
- A new level of onsite support for the UK Ministry of Defense
- Enterprises have business continuity – why not life continuity for humans?
- Business intelligence requirements: a process not a deliverable
- HP cautions enterprises and governments on Cloud DR and security
- Annual Health Check for the Hospitals IT Environment
- Use Social CRM for sustainable competitive advantage in the real-time world
- Business Transformation Insights: The executive game changer
- An Integration Engine is key to your Digital Hospital solution
- Code Samples: Are They Ever Right? (Part 2)
- Top 5 areas for making Cloud Governance real
- Information Management: Why you shouldn’t ignore the little data for the big data
- The 5P’s of Mobile Cloud Apps
- Watch what really happens when your critical apps are hit with an unexpected outage
- We seem to be “stuck” on big data
- Change the way your business communicates and collaborates with Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)
By Judi Cardinal & Kelly Kasher
Join HP Enterprise Services for a Summer Series Twitter Chat on “Is Big Data the Big Daddy of IT Issues?
The first Twitter Chat titled “Foundational competencies for Big Data” is scheduled for June 19th from 12-1 pm CT. Come join the conversation by using the hashtag #HPESchat.
Lately there is a lot of talk about “big data.” So I decided to attend a session at HP Discover called “Harnessing Big Data” to learn what this is all about.
I quickly learned that there are four main dimensions of big data:
By Kelly Kasher & Lori Lewis
According to a study by HP and Coleman Parkes, nearly 50 percent of executives believe they do not have an effective information strategy in place within their organizations. What does it mean to have an “effective” information strategy? Join us for the “Master Plan Workshop” at HP Discover (Session ID BW2901).