On September 18th HPES held a Twitter Chat on “Evolution of Enterprise Security. . For a complete background check out the introductory blog: “The Evolution of Security: HP Enterprise Services Twitter Chat” by Annabelle Baxter. This blog highlights the participants and some of content from the twitter chat.
Join HP Enterprise Services for a Twitter chat on Tuesday, September 18th from 12-1 p.m. CT. Come join the conversation by using the hashtag #HPESchat
During the chat, HP thought leaders will discuss the evolution of enterprise security and what is the future of enterprise security.
I’m in Toronto today for the HP Master the Cloud road show and the weather conditions are making driving tricky. The cab driver was complaining all along the way, giving me the full details of his experiences from the previous day. This included one incident where the passenger left her handbag in his cab and took the next flight out of town. So what does all of this have to do with cloud computing security?
When thinking about Cloud Security, think of virtual machines in a data center as resources. And if you also think of security as an application, just like any other application, then security is a resource that you can scale up or down. Virtual machines allow us to do things in the small, such as targeting a virtual machine to look for specific areas of security concern.
For more on this concept, watch the interview with Martin Sadler, Director of Cloud and Security, HP Labs, Virtualization at the heart of security in the cloud, HP Cloud Summit, June 2011 in London.
By Alison Watterson, Enterprise Services WW Marketing
Here is a summary of the Enterprise Services blog topics for this past week:
- Hope is not a strategy for managing print security risks
- October is National Cyber Security Awareness Month (NCSAM)
- Success Factors of Managing a Hybrid IT Services Delivery Model
- Cloud Security - Amazon Silk Defaults to Privacy Off
- Aspects of Managing The Problem Child Applity
- TIBCO TUCON 2011 - Opening and Day 1 Updates
- Innovation INSIGHT on Security: 3 ways to safeguard against employee sabotage
- HP Helps Swansea University with an IT Road Map
- Is your virtualized environment being orchestrated and managed properly?
- HP positioned as leader in Gartner Magic Quadrants for desktop outsourcing and help desk services
- FedEx Receives Award for Advancements in Cloud Printing
- Anarchy or order? Are outsourced cloud services governable?