Cloud case studies: SHI International and Latisys transform their businesses with HP cloud solutions
In case you missed it, HP Discover 2012 featured an inspiring video in which people asked the audience why they do what they do. It culminates with the message, "If you're going do something, make it matter." In her keynote address at the conference, President and CEO Meg Whitman articulated HP's rallying cry: "If it matters to you, it matters to us." Our core mission, she explained, is to provide the technology and expertise to help people make it matter—whatever it is they do.
Latisys and SHI International, both cloud service providers, are making it matter. Both companies listened to their customers' needs, and in response, transformed their businesses using HP cloud solutions.
In their respective case study sessions (links to archived webcasts below) executives from Latisys and SHI International discuss the business drivers that led them to the cloud, how they did it and how the cloud has helped transform their businesses. Full of lessons learned and best practices, these archived sessions offer real-world insight for any organization interested in the cloud. And they're "must-sees" for cloud service providers.
Jeffrey Gibson, lead partner, advanced technology (left) and Richard Place, lead partner, cloud services, discuss SHI International's strategy of combining the convenience of public cloud with the performance, availability and security of private cloud.
SHI International session
Jeffrey Gibson and Richard Price discuss how they focused on the business's needs when formulating SHI's cloud strategy
- How SHI uses the cloud to differentiate it's service offering to the market
- How SHI defined its cloud strategy based on customer needs, and how it now helps them move from a CAPEX IT acquisition model to an OPEX model
Watch the archived session on demand (44 minutes)
- VP of marketing Jonathan Sharp cuts through the cloud hype with a refreshingly honest and direct presentation
- Latisys's evolution from providing datacenter co-location services, to on-demand, high-performance, high-availability cloud services
- Why going "all in" on the cloud isn't right for every organization
Watch the archived session on demand (43 minutes)
To learn more:
Join the Conversation: