By Mary Gabra, Manager, Market and Competitive Intelligence, HP Networking
I have been with HP Networking now for a little more than two years. I am in the competitive team producing sales tools, positioning documents and other sales resources to help our sales reps effectively position HP Networking against competition. Because my job is to watch the competition closely, I put myself on the internal mailing list that our sales reps use to share good news of customer wins. We call it “ringing the bell.” I have to say, I cannot keep up with the number of wins that come to my mailbox every day! What an exciting time for HP Networking.
Why customers are choosing HP Networking
As expected, Cisco is the competition in almost all of the deals we’re in. I looked at the last few large wins and they are all household names. For these large customers, the reason why they chose HP Networking revolved around the following:
- “Converged Infrastructure”
- “Intelligent Resilient Framework (IRF)”
- “strong core products”
- “open standards”
- “solid design”
- “consistent architecture framework”
- “Comware OS”
- “IMC, the management platform”
- “simplicity of network design”
Seeing all these comments on why we win just further confirms that HP’s value proposition is resonating well with large organizations.
More HP Networking success stories on the way
Our customer reference team is working with these customers to see whom can we talk about publically and produce press releases and case studies. In the meantime, I want to share some examples of the kind of customers without mentioning names due to confidentiality agreements:
- One very recent win is with one of the world's leading international oil and gas companies. This customer had a Cisco network that was insufficient to support the business growth plans. HP won with our Converged Infrastructure solution.
- HP Networking also won one of the largest fast food companies in the Americas. It feels nice to tell my kids when we go there to eat that this company is an HP customer.
- Another great win is with one of the biggest school districts in the U.S. That was a tough one for our famous competitor to lose.
- Retail is another segment where HP Networking is gaining traction both in the Americas and in Europe. We recently won a large retail chain in Canada. That’s another store I visit when I am in Canada. HP’s technical capabilities are what impressed the customer.
- In Europe, HP Networking is the network infrastructure provider for most of the major car manufacturers.
I just want to share with you a few examples of why the bells are ringing at HP Networking—and how large and medium enterprises, hospitals, colleges and school districts, stores and small businesses around the world are becoming HP Networking customers. I will track down who accepts to have their name disclosed and blog about them soon. Stay tuned!
>> Follow one HP Networking customer’s journey: http://www.adasjourney.com/