By Gladys Alegre-Kimura, Global Product Marketing Manager, HP Networking
Some of you are already know about HP Intelligent Management Center (IMC) and how it enables you to quickly attend to the network related issues so that people can continue to get their job done. Well, you aren’t the only ones who are noticing. HP IMC is gaining more recognition by independent firms.
Very recently, HP Intelligent Management Center was awarded “Value Leader” for medium deployments by Enterprise Management Associates (EMA) in the 2012 EMA Radar for ENMS report. I should also add that this is HP’s IMC’s first and very strong showing in this bi-annual report. Being a “Value Leader” is akin to winning a “Grammy” or being in the “Leader’s quadrant” in a competing analyst firm’s solution ranking reports. Pretty awesome!!
You might be thinking that the report is missing a legacy networking vendors. Your eyes are not fooling you. To even be considered on the EMA Radar for ENMS, the management platform has to provide comprehensive multivendor support. In a nutshell, solutions from Cisco were not even considered.
How did HP Intelligent Management Center achieve the “Value Leader” spot?
IMC was recognized for its product strength, or richness in features, and cost efficiency, which is determined by various costs associated with the product including product, deployment and maintenance costs. In fact, IMC received the highest cost efficiency award of all solutions surveyed because of its relative low overhead and maintenance costs. With HP IMC product richness and high cost efficiency, your business will certainly get more bang for your buck.
You may be wondering which features distinguish IMC from other network management solutions (NMS)? Here are some key capabilities that I think sets IMC apart.
- Visibility delivered by a tightly integrated platform that provides performance monitoring, faults and alarms, bare metal provisioning and device configuration
- Consolidates several key tools under one platform to provide single pane of glass management
- Modular platform that greatly expands IMC’s functionality beyond a typical NMS suite to include network access control, network orchestration, service and application monitoring
- Virtualization networking monitoring and management
- Unified wired and wireless network access and management
- Simplified licensing scheme where a 100-node license means 100 managed devices. Yes, that HP 10500 switch with 576 10Gb ports is considered as a single managed device by IMC.
Now, you are probably wondering how cost effective is IMC, really? HP IMC Standard Edition that comes with support for 100 managed devices starts at $6819 US List. For all the capabilities that you get in the base platform, IMC pricing is very competitive. What is even more compelling is its relatively low to no cost deployment. It’s easy to install and easy to learn as EMA concluded after their interviews with some of our customers who used IMC.
Take advantage of free 60-day trail right now!
If you have not yet evaluated IMC and are looking for a simple yet powerful NMS solution, what are you waiting for? We have a free 60-day trial that you can download now.
Let us know what you think by posting a comment below.
>> Learn more about HP Networking products and solutions.