By Mary Gabra, Manager, Market and Competitive Intelligence, HP Networking
Over the last two years, HP Networking has been very visible as the clear #2 vendor in networking. HP Networking is the only vendor that has the portfolio to compete head to head with the 800-pound gorilla and actually win. Industry analysts are encouraging customers to invite a second network vendor to reap the benefits that come with that decision. See my recent blog, “Multivendor or single-vendor for the network—what’s better for the enterprise?” that quotes Gartner reports on the benefits of multivendor networks.
In this blog, I want to give you a glimpse of some of the customers in different industries and around the globe that have shared their experience about why they selected HP.
- OSINet- “We had a Cisco solution in mind because so many of our engineers are Cisco-centric. Then some of them happened to meet HP team as they were talking with Taobao, mainland China’s eBay equivalent. The strength of the HP solution prompted us to re-assess our thinking. We are glad we did, we just did not anticipate these kinds of savings.”
- Smoltelecom – “HP products have helped reduce costs up to 30 percent over the equivalent Cisco solution. We have seen a good return on our investment, and we have been impressed with HP’s fast, responsive technical and customer service throughout the project.”
- Gilbert Public Schools - “Given the 2 competitive options, the choice to go with HP Networking was crystal clear.”
- Dauphin County - “HP won our business based on its innovative technology and long-term roadmap. Over an 8-year period, HP has helped us expand and upgrade our infrastructure to deliver reliable enterprise-class IT services, respond dynamically to an ever-changing political climate and keep our TCO low.”
- Kantonsspital Graubunden - “When we knew the cost of the Cisco solution, we made a strategic decision to design an infrastructure with the same functionality using HP switching technology, which offers a better price/performance. Choosing an HP solution would also accelerate the procurement processes.”
So, what better way to talk about HP’s impact with customers than to hear it come directly from them? These are just a few examples of our customers that publically agreed to say that they chose HP above Cisco. You can find even more case studies on our new Customer Successes page. Please check it out—and let me know if you would like to share how HP Networking is helping your business.
>> Follow another HP Networking customer’s journey: http://www.adasjourney.com/