HP Storage Blog
Get the latest thought leadership and information about HP storage products and solutions at HP Blogs
Tom_Joyce| August 9, 2011 - last edited August 12, 2011
- Four out of the top five leading analyst-rated service providers in the world use HP 3PAR.
- The number 1 platform 3PAR has displaced in the market over its ten year history is Symmetrix/DMX/VMAX.
- HP 3PAR wide-striping delivers idiot-proof performance, without the complexity of having to create and manage metaLUNS and things like that. DMX/VMAX can’t do this.
- HP 3PAR provisions capacity to LUNS in 16 kilobyte blocks, delivering tremendous disk efficiency. VMAX uses 768 kilobyte blocks.
- HP 3PAR scales up to four controller pairs, with every LUN active on every one of the controllers. VMAX LUNs spans two controllers. Like CLARiiON.
- HP 3PAR was first to market with VMware VAAI integration. We got there before EMC. EMC owns VMware.