Inverted Screen on the Ipaq 3630 (35 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Message 1 of 2 (35 Views)

Inverted Screen on the Ipaq 3630

My 3630 has started suffering from a fault mentioned elsewhere in this forum ie an inverted screen. The usual response is cough up ??236 and we will repair it. Has anyone else managed to repair this themselves, the unit is well out of warranty now. Pressing arround the screen will create a temp fix, is this some kind of contact problem? Are their any tips on reassembly which I understand is a bit awkward, Is there any more info out there on the web?
Occasional Advisor
Message 2 of 2 (35 Views)

Re: Inverted Screen on the Ipaq 3630

NOTE: I originally posted this in the Compaq forum.

I have a 3670 that developed touch screen problems after about 6 months. I could not perform a stylus alignment or use menu commands. By accident, I discovered that if I squeezed the case at the top near the screen everything worked just fine. I cut a 1" wide piece of clear flexible plastic (the kind many products are packaged in, you know, the ones you can't open without a chain saw) and gently inserted it between the screen and the case centered at the top. It went in about a 1/16th of an inch, no more. I then scored the plastic piece with a razor blade, pulled it out, flipped it over, reinserted it, scored that side and snapped it off. Since then, I have had absolutely no problems with the touch screen. Just thought those of you out of warranty would like to know.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.