Major Issues with iPAQ 3635 (75 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Message 1 of 3 (75 Views)

Major Issues with iPAQ 3635

Major issues with 3635 unit.
1) Everytime I turn on unit it goes through what appears to be a soft reset. Screen blanks out and or freezes.
2) After this happens the unit goes to a "FLASHMAN?" screen and begins to syncronise contacts even though it is not attached to PC.
3) Freezes constantly and as a result I attempt to do a soft reset which does not work so in turn I perform a hard reset in order to get it up and going again.
3) Screen Flashes constantly.
4) Conects to my PC as a guest.
5) Will not recoganise USB connection perodiaclly and when it does it won't recoganose my Handheld.
6) Shuts down constantly for no apparent reason.
7) Power on button will most of the time not power unit on.

I have updated activesync to 3.1 and also updated Avantgo as per your suggestions on your "Frequently asked questions section but to no avail. I have also completly uninstalled and reinstalled the unit on my PC to no avail.

Thank You.
Johnny O'
Message 2 of 3 (75 Views)

Re: Major Issues with iPAQ 3635

last year I had a problem with my Ipaq hanging when turned on, it would not complete the contacts sync to flash ROM and just hung. This sounds a bit like what u say in step 2.
I recall I did a hard reset and disabled the feature of backing up contacts to flash ROM. What I can't recall is how I got out of this locked screen to then disable the feature.
OK, so I did't get my contacts back untill I re-synced with my PC after a hard reset, but I never had this problem again when on PPC 2000.
I can't recall where I went to enable/disable this feature as now that I am running PCC 2002 on my 3660 I can't find it, I expect it is cause there would not be enought room on the ROM with the new OS.
Latest release of active sync is now 3.6 and is available from might be worth trying....
Occasional Visitor
Message 3 of 3 (75 Views)

Re: Major Issues with iPAQ 3635

Thanks K8,
at least now I don't feel that I screwed up my unit and your info will get me pointed in the right direction.

Again Thanks,
Johnny O'
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.