Help with ATI Radeon video card (46 Views)
Occasional Advisor
Message 1 of 2 (46 Views)

Help with ATI Radeon video card

I bought a ATI Radeon 64mb AGP 4x/2x card last year tried installing it and never could. I have decided to try again with no luck. I have a HP Pavilion 8590c running Win 2000 Pro. When I reboot the computer it will usually hang up were it says loading personal settings. I did get it into windows 1 time and it had vertical lins running down the screen before it locked up. Any help would greatly be appreciated. When I bought it a BestBuy they told me that all the Hardware in the computer was able to handle it. Thanks in Advance Scott
Message 2 of 2 (46 Views)

Re: Help with ATI Radeon video card

Scott, not familiar with 8590 setup, but mine (P532n/wxp)finally worked by doing the following: disable on board video driver in cp, install card and boot to safe mode. remove all video drivers, reboot and let windows install drivers. Then go in and change drivers to ATI's supplied ones.
The correct (published)way is to diable obv drivers, set up standard vga driver, install card, reboot and then install ATI drivers. However, i could not find standard vga driver in xp. good luck.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.