By Jill Laubach, Enterprise Services Product Marketing
The availability and continuity of IT-based business processes are more important than ever. Yesterday’s solutions are no longer enough. Your business can’t afford to have critical applications down for 24 to 72 hours. The IT team can’t wait 6 to 9 months to test the environment. Both the business and IT need faster, more flexible solutions, but they have limited budget to do it.
This week, HP announced a new solution – HP Enterprise Cloud Services – Continuity, a recovery-as-a-service for recovering traditional IT environments to the cloud that helps companies manage those risks.
For the business, the service provides recovery of applications in 1 to 4 hours with less than 15 minutes of data loss. For IT, it allows testing anytime with 2 days notice. It has enterprise-class security and allows enterprises and governments to keep their critical data in region. Not only does the solution protect your enterprise from business interruptions and disasters, it also can help you avoid downtime from software upgrades, patches and certain security incidents.
What problem does HP’s Recovery-as-a-Service solve?
- Operational risks to the organization - Consolidation driven by cost management and virtualization creates new single points of failure that can result in large-scale outages. Other risks include the increasing numbers of natural and man-made disasters. And despite budget limitations, you must continually address modifications to your continuity plan due to ongoing changes in their IT environment.
- Need for rapid recovery - The service allows you to resume normal business processes in 1 to 4 hours following a major interruption and replicates data to ensure no more than 0 to 15 minutes of data loss.
- Demand for testing flexibility - Testing the recovery environment can be done at any time with 2 days or less notice.
- Availability beyond disasters - The replicated environment can also be used to protect against planned and unplanned downtime resulting from software updates, forensic investigations and backup windows.
What are the main benefits of HP Enterprise Cloud Services - Continuity?
- Provisioning Flexibility - can rapidly provision to meet changing demands and provide for rapid test scheduling.
- Engineering Expertise - engineered with decades of experience in providing continuity solutions to stock exchanges, financial institutions and hospitals.
- Cost Savings - 20 to 50% less costly than in-house disaster recovery solutions based on repurposed test-development equipment.
- No Capital Expenditure - can be provisioned to meet changing requirements as a service.
Learn more about the new Enterprise Cloud Services and how HP is helping clients make the move to cloud computing:
- ECS – Continuity
- ECS – Continuity Brochure
- ECS – Unified Communications
- ECS – Private Cloud
- HP Converged Cloud
- Converged Cloud Solutions