Willkommen in Deutschland! It is a bright day as I land at the Frankfurt airport, excited to attend HP Discover. I see bright displays with the HP logo, welcoming visitors to an innovative experience. As I come out to baggage claim, I see the familiar HP logo again, and my thoughts echo the current campaign slogan: Make it Matter. My first reaction is a burst of enthusiasm, followed by curiosity. And I begin to wonder why HP Discover will Make it Matter for me.
Here is what I "discovered" when I went to the HP Discover site and browsed the Track Keynote Sessions.
1. Converged Cloud. I will see how customers are currently taking advantage of the hybrid delivery model across private, managed, and public clouds through HP’s Converged Cloud vision and strategy.
2. Information Optimization. I will understand why the companies who proactively understand and exploit Big Data will have a clear competitive advantage.
3. Security and Risk Management. I will get firsthand insight into today's security landscape, and see how HP's products, services and solutions address the most advanced threats.
4. Application Transformation. I will see how game-changing technologies—such as cloud computing, collaboration, and mobility—can be effectively exploited to evolve traditional applications into modernized environment.
5. Information Optimization, Software. I plan to learn about how Autonomy's unique, meaning-based technologies unlock the value of human information to create a competitive advantage.
6. Converged Infrastructure. I will learn, from a panel of HP experts, the plans for the next several years to accelerate the pace of convergence between hardware, software and services.
7. Mobility. I will see how ING leveraged mobility to improve the mix of delivery channels for its banking products.
8. Virtualization. I anticipate getting a few tips on how one can control, and double, the virtualization ROI in 2013—while obtaining deeper insight into HP's vision for the future of virtualization.
9. Software. Geoffrey Moore says the next trillion dollars of IT spend will be directed at “Systems of Engagement,” those apps and services fueled by cloud, mobility and social media. I plan on getting detailed insight into the five value streams of IT, and how HP Software can help to deliver premium user experiences.
10. Services. You have to be nimble to meet the demands of today’s “NOW” customer who wants everything seamless, relevant, and useful. This session tells me why it is critical that we go beyond just “incorporating technology” and build the business around what IT can do in a way that’s efficient, effortless, secure and profitable.
The Track Keynote sessions are the best way to characterize the diversity of domains represented at the conference.
They provide great insight into the underlying themes and the forward thinking topics in various subject areas.
Follow me @NadhanATHP as I continue to share my views and observations live from HP Discover. Eventually, I plan on sharing how exactly HP Discover in Frankfurt made it matter to me just like I did earlier this year from Las Vegas.
How about you? What sessions are you looking forward to at HP Discover? Please let me know.