We on the mission-critical musings blog know that enterprises often operate an infrastructure using a mixture of x86 and UNIX deployments to meet their range of business and workload requirements. You want options, and while NonStop or HP Integrity with HP-UX or OpenVMS may offer the premiere resiliency and unfailing uptime demanded by your most critical applications, a scale-up system like the ProLiant DL980 with hot performance and balanced scaling may be best in other circumstances. This is also why HP keeps on innovating around Converged Infrastructure - so your freedom of choice of deployment is flexible, easier to implement and manage, and delivers excellent TCO across your infrastructure.
HP ProLiant DL980 Server is a Star Performer
We've talked about the 8-socket HP ProLiant DL980 rack server several times on the HP blogs before, including Paula's recent post about it setting the bar at new heights with important benchmarks "First x86 server to cross the 25,000 barrier on SAP SD two-tier benchmark". Blending business-critical and industry-standard design principles, the HP ProLiant DL980 G7 Server with HP PREMA Architecture delivers balanced scalability, self-healing resiliency, and breakthrough efficiencies for the largest and most demanding x86 enterprise-class workloads.
If you are considering a technology refresh involving migrating from Oracle/Sun SPARC or IBM Power UNIX servers, consider the HP ProLiant DL980 where you will get all the performance and half the hardware acquisition price of these competitors’ systems. We are so confident in the HP ProLiant DL980’s price/performance that if the performance of our system does not meet the requirements, we will provide upgraded and/or additional processors and chassis for free*. You can't lose!
Three Easy Steps to Start Saving:
1. Work with your HP rep or reseller to determine the HP ProLiant DL980 configuration that is comparable to what you are considering for your alternative UNIX system from IBM or Oracle/Sun.
2. Purchase the DL980 at the sizing and pricing provided by this DL980 Performance Offer.
3. Realize the performance you need and save on hardware acquisition, risk free*
*Please visit our DL980 special offer page to get the full details, terms and conditions of this offer.
To make this offer the most worry-free that we could think of, if within 90 days after invoice the performance does not meet the requirements, HP will go the extra mile and offer the following at no additional cost:
• Feedback and guidance in support of your in-house system tuning to achieve the projected performance
• Professional tuning from HP if our stated performance levels have not been met after your in-house tuning has been completed in accordance with our recommendations and suggestions
• Additional or upgraded Intel ® Xeon® processors and, if required, another DL980 system, if we determine that the stated level of performance used in our sizing has not been achieved after our professional tuning.
You can't really go wrong with this one. Remember though, it is available in the Americas only at this point, and the offer expires October 31st.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CONTACT YOUR SALES REPRESENTATIVE TODAY OR GO TO WWW.HP.COM/GO/DL980OFFER