At HP Discover 2012, we had Rory McInerney, VP of Intel's Architecture Group and Server CPU Division, and Kirk Bresniker, VP, CTO and HP Fellow from HP's Business Critical Systems sit down together to talk about the questions each commonly gets from customers and analysts. In the video below, they discuss the future of mission-critical computing and how HP and Intel are working together to address evolving requirements.
This talk includes:
1) How is Intel delivering mission-critical processors?
2) HP is also doing a lot of platform work with Project Odyssey - what does that roadmap involve? How does OpenVMS, NonStop and HP-UX fit into this plan along with development of mission-critical for x86 Linux and Windows platforms?
3) How does Intel approach the mission-critical market? What does the Intel mission-critical roadmap look like?
4) How does the Intel mission-critical development cadence fit with the HP model? Are they complementary strategies?
5) Are components shared between Intel Xeon and Itanium? What is next in the Itanium and Xeon processor families?
6) How does all of this fit with HP's Converged Infrastructure?
7) Is there convergence at the chip level as well as at the HP system level?
We invite you to take a 10 minute coffee break and check out the video: