This widget could not be displayed.
Super Advisor
Message 1 of 2 (445 Views)

I have a fuji 4800 digital camera with usb software drivers for windows 2000. The wizard does not recognise the device and keeps asking me to load a totally different driver despite the fact that that I have the disk. It seems that the usb controller is not being loaded. Any suggestions please
"Inactive" generic user for pre-merger Compaq forum authors.
Respected Contributor
Message 2 of 2 (445 Views)

Uninstall all Digital Camera Software, remove all items related to USB and the Digital Camera from Device Manager, unplug the device. Shutdown the computer and perform Fn-F11 on boot up. To perform Fn-F11, remove all Power-On and BIOS passwords, with the machine off, hold down Fn, turn the machine on and start tapping on F11 while still holding Fn. The unit should restart on its own. Let everything go and press F1 to save changes when prompted. Let it redetect the USB controllers and then reinstall your Digital Camera software, plug the camera back into the laptop or follow the steps with the Cameras documentation at this point. Thank you for using Compaq's Support forum.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.