Displaying ROM Information (100 Views)
Super Advisor
Message 1 of 2 (100 Views)

Displaying ROM Information

When I restart the computer and press the F10 key to open computer setup, there are beeps and then the computer does not enter the computer setup, but instead returns to the windows desktop. Any suggestions on what I might be doing wrong. I just received the computer and would like to check for any bios updates, etc.
"Inactive" generic user for pre-merger Compaq forum authors.
Super Advisor
Message 2 of 2 (100 Views)

Re: Displaying ROM Information

Try this: - Power down the computer. - Slide the power switch to ?On? position. - When Compaq logo comes on, you will see underneath "F10=ROM Based Setup" message, press F10 key and release it, do not hold it down. In addition, you can verify BIOS version in the Windows using Fn+Esc hotkey. The latest version is F.06A. If you want to update BIOS, I suggest you to download the CPQFlash Utility for Evo N610c (68P4F ROM) SP22539 <>. The CPQFlash utility is used to locally flash the System ROM on PCs through a Windows environment and it contains the ROM update.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.