DLA Format of CD-RW (49 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Message 1 of 2 (49 Views)

DLA Format of CD-RW

I have a new Pavilion xt155, which came bundled with a Toshiba SD-R2312 DVD-ROM/CD-RW combo drive. It also came with Veritas DLA software. I have attempted to format 3 different brand new CD-RW drives using DLA. It tells me that it will take approximately 22 minutes. Within the last 5 minutes of the formatting process, it aborts because of a general error.

Any suggestions? I'm tempted to uninstall the Veritas software and install Nero and InCD.

What can you experts advise me?

Message 2 of 2 (49 Views)

Re: DLA Format of CD-RW

I'm guessing that you have not added any CD writer software, correct? Try with a 700MB CD-R disc. My opinion is that if the data is worth saving, then you should not rely on packet writing mode. Packet writing can be very unreliable as you add more data to the disc. Use the CD ROM (ISO) format. There is no need to format the disc. You can add more data if you leave the disc open. And the data can be read by all PC optical drives without the need to install the packet writing reader software.

You're looking at only a few pennies per CD-R disc. If you must use packet writing, then stick with high quality CD-RW discs (Fuji, TDK, etc...). Do not purchase those high speed CD-RW discs!

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.