Shutdown issue on N5495 (72 Views)
Frequent Advisor
Message 1 of 4 (72 Views)

Shutdown issue on N5495

Lately my N5495 on XP-Home will not shutdown; I see a very brief character based screen at the end of the shutdown sequence and then the machine begins a restart.
The text appears only a nano-second before restarting, but I have picked up the word "installation" but a search for any file containing the word (*.bat) hasn't turned up anything.
Any ideas?

Occasional Advisor
Message 2 of 4 (72 Views)

Re: Shutdown issue on N5495

I have been having the same problem. Although, I recently installed Roxio CD Creator 5.0 Platium. I figured this caused the problem, but after seeing your post I know think it could be yet another n5495 issue to add to the long list.

Occasional Advisor
Message 3 of 4 (72 Views)

Well, I uninstalled the Roxio Easy CD Creator, and as of the moment no longer have the shut down problem. Like I said before, I'm not sure if that is what caused the problem in the first place or not. I would like to know what your laptop is doing now and if you installed the same program. If you did recently install this program try uninstalling it and see it that resolves the problem.

Brian :-)
Message 4 of 4 (72 Views)

A couple of questions...

1. Did you install the Roxio default options? If so, there's a known problem with the Direct CD recorder on's incompatible.

2. Have you gotten the XP patch for Easy CD from the Roxio web site? Fixes several XP relates issues.

I can report that Easy CD Creater works fine on my N5495 after installing the above mentioned patch.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.