LaserJet 4050N (97 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Message 1 of 4 (97 Views)

LaserJet 4050N

I am currently runnnig Windows NT 4.0 and I am trying to setup a printer through our network. In the JetAdmin Utility I have the port and everything setup up correctly for the printer, but after I setup the printer on my NT machine it fails to work. I can print a Self test page to ther printer through the JetAdmin Utility, but everytime I try to print a test page I get the following error, "The handle is incorrect or not valid for port NPIF05123. Click on retry to try again or click cancel to cancel the job." Now no matter what I do I can not seem to correct this problem. I have reinstalled the port, the printer, and I even downloaded the newest drivers to try and fix the problem. Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Jason Livezey
Tech Coordinator
Chenoa Unit School District #9
Valued Contributor
Message 2 of 4 (97 Views)

Re: LaserJet 4050N

Sounds like you may have a share name that's too long.
Try reducing the share name to under 8 characters.
Keep me posted.

Today will be a good day
Occasional Visitor
Message 3 of 4 (97 Views)

Changed the share name. Same error. Reinstalled printer with new share name. Same error. I have been doing this for a long time now and this is the first time I have received this error. I can not think of anything else to try.

Occasional Advisor
Message 4 of 4 (97 Views)

Try This, Configure the Printer using IP Based Printing.. Dont go through the HP Jet Admin,
Follow these Simple Steps,

1) Go to Network Neighborhood Properties
2) Go to services and then add "MICROSOFT TCP/IP PRINTING" and install the same
3)REBOOT -- To finish installation
4) now add printer
6) Select the LDR Port and Give the IP of Printer and then install the Driver and proceed.

This must work.. If not please post Reply..

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.