laser jet 4 plus / xp (75 Views)
Occasional Contributor
Message 1 of 2 (75 Views)

laser jet 4 plus / xp

Just upgraded to XP. Downloaded new driver from HP. When try to print, light flashes once, nothing else happens. I have upgraded bios, checked ecp settings in both bios and XP, replaced cable and checked parallel port driver {thanks rachelle). Made no difference. Any other ideas?
Honored Contributor
Message 2 of 2 (75 Views)

Re: laser jet 4 plus / xp

One last thing I would recommend you try. Try upgrading your parallel.sys file. Here is how to go about doing this:

How to check and update the parallel.sys file
Complete the steps below the check the version of the parallel.sys file installed on your system. The new version is 5.0.2195.3760. If you need an updated file, link to Microsoft document Q299956 for additional information on how to download the new file.

Click Start, Search and then click Files and Folders.
In the Search for files or folders named box, type parallel.sys.
Verify that Local Harddrives (C:) is selected in the Look in box.
Click Search Now.
More than one file may be found. Check the file located in the C:\WINNT\system32\drivers folder. Right-click the file and then click Properties.
In the File Properties window, click the Versions tab. The updated file should start the download process if the version is not 5.0.2195.3760 or higher.

Let me know what results this gives you.

Each day holds promise, purpose and possibility.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.